Author Topic: Hata's Shader Toggle [Updated 5/24/16]  (Read 13213 times)

Shader Toggle - lets players cycle through 9 shaders (Default, plus 8 custom ones)

Overlaps

Hata's High                                                                     vs.                                                                           Default

Hata's High                                                                     vs.                                                                      Port's Ultra

Side-By-Sides - Default, Port's Soft, Port's Ultra, ZSNO's Peformance, Hata's High, Hata's Medium, Hata's Low

How to Use
1. Bind Cycle Shader, found under Custom Shaders, to any key.
2. Tap that key to cycle through the 9 shaders.
3. The order is: Default, Port's Soft, Port's New Soft, Port's Ultra, Lego Pepper's Ultra, ZSNO's Performance, Hata's Low, Hata's Mid, Hata's High

Installation
1. You can use an application like 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the files.
2. to extract the .zip file, Right Click it and select Extract files...
2. Extract Shader Toggle (extractable).zip to your main Blockland folder (not Add-Ons).
3. Let it overwrite (it doesn't actually affect anything).

Miscellaneous Info
- Port made Soft, New Soft, and Ultra.
- ZSNO made Performance.
- I made Hata's Low, Medium, and High.
- LegoPepper made LegoPepper's Ultra (edited from Port's Ultra and New Soft)
- Hata's High uses 7x shadow softening, Hata's Medium uses 5x, and Hata's Low uses 3x.
- On my 2009 (high end for the time) GPU, with no bricks, and Max Shaders I get...
   + 112 FPS  on Default
   + 3 FPS  on Soft
   + 1 FPS  on Ultra
   + 75 FPS  on Performance
   + 58 FPS  on Custom High
   + 80 FPS  on Custom Mid
   + 108 FPS  on Custom Low
- ZSNO's Performance uses 2x softening and Hata's Medium uses 3x, but Hata's Medium still gets 5 more FPS on my rig.

Download
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:42:32 AM by tommybricksetti »

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:28:15 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

So wait, whats the use in soft shaders if you get like 3 FPS? i took an interest in this addon because i wanted shader options that didnt shave so much of my FPS off.

So wait, whats the use in soft shaders if you get like 3 FPS? i took an interest in this addon because i wanted shader options that didnt shave so much of my FPS off.
They're all soft. Custom Low, with 3x softening, has a 4 FPS loss.

screenshots

Good work as always Hata.

i'm going to make another post to praise the greatness that is the custom shaders

tried running this with intel HD 4000 and my screen went blank :v

it works, but my lag cant handle it

You should make a keybind for cycling backwards through the shaders