Taboo's Making a Weapon Pack Again - pictures and a video

Author Topic: Taboo's Making a Weapon Pack Again - pictures and a video  (Read 3805 times)

What I have:
  • Models
  • Animations
  • Sounds
  • Fancy effects
  • Hitmarkers & impact sweeteners
  • Headshots
  • Iron-sighting
  • Basic spread

What I want:
  • Simple ammo system

What I would really appreciate:
  • Limited ammo with restocking from dropped weapons
  • Weapon spread bloom/recoil
  • Dedicated inventory slots (primary, secondary, etc)
  • Weapon slinging to accent that?
  • Weapon spawning costs

I wouldn't mind throwing around some money for this if you can show me that you're worth it. Contact me however you want as soon as you think you can, because I'd like this to be classified as "things I can have done before I die to MGSV's might," ie. done before September.

Visual Progress Preview

quick note that there is still no ammo system, the animations are just being forced to play to show them off, and they're also not quite final
supposedly Alphadin'll do it but who knows, right now I'm looking at the ammo system Crystalwarrior posted that's that's in his HL2 weapons
also, the grenade's explosion effects haven't been worked on yet ¯\(ツ)/¯
finally, i sort of make fun of myself by showing this issue, but at some point i'll have the models set up with two differently animated models and an enormous first person offset to simulate world models, similar to what Spaaace Guy's invisibility watches used, so that your gun doesn't appear to be floating around your hand operating itself in third person

Pistol A
FNP Tactical

Suppressed

Grenade
M67

Video
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:59:41 AM by ·:Taboo:· »

i appreciate the entirely honest topic title up there
i'll take a stab at coding an ammo system, I've had something in mind for quite some time now and finally have a reason to try it out

I already made an ammo system you'd want, actually.
It was used in HL2 Weapons Pack in modification discussion and I'm pretty sure it's using the same principle as bushido's ammo.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=240576.0

Well, it's taken me forever to decide whether or not this was a good state to ask for this in, here's a handgun (and a suppressor if that's your jam). It has the most basic functions: it shoots bullets, and has pretty effects. I've ended up cutting my ADS for now, because it was giving me some trouble.
In addition to throwing in ammo, (since that's supposedly relatively simple? I dunno, not for me anyway o3o) I'd appreciate it if you could also make it so that it only goes through state 0, chambering a round, only the first time a player draws it. And likewise, if you could make this the case for going in and out of ADS somehow, I gave it a crack but for some reason I could only ADS once unless I holstered and drew the weapon again.
You can see the sounds in their CS, and here are the animations

The reload animation (and its related sound) is a full reload; if you want me to separate it into mag in, out, and charging, let me know, I don't know how complicated of an ammo system you're willing to make but I'd be happy to have the best level of complexity and simulation in here. I daresay I'd actually prefer H&K levels of complexity, chambered rounds and all that jazz, but like I said, that's up to you.
Thanks in advance, whoever tackles it.

[urll=http://li.brown townblaze.com/downloads/Weapon_Package_FortWars.zip]here's a handgun (and a suppressor if that's your jam).[/url]
just passing by, and saw your URL name

Question, can anyone help me make an animation on a projectile switch? I'd like to have a grenade playing a spinning animation and then switch to an idle animation when it first bounces.
Apparently this is done automatically. Wow, Torque being convenient for once!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:23:05 AM by ·:Taboo:· »

Just a suggestion Taboo, perhaps you could provide some images of the models and whatever else you have? It may make people more interested in helping you !

oh yeah, that'd make sense, wouldn't it
gimme a bit to record a buncha video then

done, took a while cuz i had to move some stuff around and find a webm export for Premiere

i like the ideas but the suppressor is practically the same size as the slide, you might want to make it a bit smaller.
the grenade looks okay despite its "octagonal" shape
also what soft shaders did you use?

I like the silencer, silencers are not very low profile unless integrated.

i like the ideas but the suppressor is practically the same size as the slide, you might want to make it a bit smaller.
the grenade looks okay despite its "octagonal" shape
also what soft shaders did you use?
suppressors are actually enormous, despite what media might tell you; this model in particular, the Silencerco Osprey suppressor, is around 8 inches long, a spot longer than the FNP's slider, so it's proportionally accurate.

i mean, yeah, welcome to blockland, i'm not gonna use a high detail sphere that'd be silly

I like the silencer, silencers are not very low profile unless integrated.
boy aren't they, thanks
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:18:52 AM by ·:Taboo:· »