See others players Faces/Decals

Author Topic: See others players Faces/Decals  (Read 1203 times)

I find it very bothersome that we can't see other player's decals/faces, unless we have the same one downloaded.
So here is the big question, is it possible to make an addon that fixes this, even with hacky workarounds?

Maybe have the downloads be passive while your walking around in server? I honestly don't know how this would be done... I honestly would not care for the risk of players making nsfw stuff as a decal, it happens all the time on other games like in tf2 with sprays and stuff usually never gets done about it, and if it does happen I guess you could make it so you can "block" a player's decals in the player list.

I think this would only work better if it would be done through the engine though.

would probably need a central server that when a user has a new decal, it's uploaded to it, and then everybody downloads it from there

not sure if you can update it on the fly ingame

would probably need a central server that when a user has a new decal, it's uploaded to it, and then everybody downloads it from there

Its ok if it takes a while, we have ghosting already so I wouldn't mind something like ghosting for stuff like decals/faces.

Its ok if it takes a while, we have ghosting already so I wouldn't mind something like ghosting for stuff like decals/faces.
that would already be too late

that would already be too late
Is it some sort of engine restriction?

Realtime in game downloads would be nice to have.

i was feeling this. But more of a database where we have quality control over it. so no terrible faces

i was feeling this. But more of a database where we have quality control over it. so no terrible faces
The idea would be to be able to see everybody's face/decal and if they annoy you, you can hide them via their BLID in the player list.

you wouldn't be able to download and use them while in server

people would create decals/faces with the same filename and the server creator would have to choose whether it would either overwrite old ones or just not show up at all

can't block specific people from using decals/faces, would have to completely remove certain decals/faces from your bl installation and reconnect to server

So why not create a system where faces downloaded are put in another area and only loaded on other players that are not yours, and you can use your own faces without getting them overwritten.

In simplest terms, Other peoples faces get put in another folder in Blockland, so they aren't added to your own.

people can just make research decals

You can block them, problem solved.

Also that's what we have the 18+ restriction addon.

its also just as easy for people to make research sprays in source games

So why not create a system where faces downloaded are put in another area and only loaded on other players that are not yours, and you can use your own faces without getting them overwritten.

In simplest terms, Other peoples faces get put in another folder in Blockland, so they aren't added to your own.
I believe this would require engine changes, I might look into it though

I believe this would require engine changes, I might look into it though
We are not in any rush, I believe this may be possible with time.