Blockland Development

Poll

How do you feel about Blockland's current state of development?

Very Satisfied
Pretty Satisfied
Indifferent
Unsatisfied
Very Unsatisfied
It's probably only bug fixes from here on out :c
We were better off keeping Interiors and Terrain

Author Topic: Blockland Development  (Read 3556 times)

Hire people
Sell it
Open Source
Move on
Badspot is a businessman. He wants what will make him the most money. The game is fine as is, and it still attracts enough audience to keep him fed. If he sells it, that stops.

Badspot is a businessman. He wants what will make him the most money. The game is fine as is, and it still attracts enough audience to keep him fed. If he sells it, that stops.
Sell it for a million dollars to Disney Greek2Me.

The only updates I really would love are those that expand the game's limitations, even a little.
Something like increased amount of image slots would be a massive thing for developers but I'm not sure if it will ever be done.
Vehicle physics glitching into bricks is a massive issue as well, and it makes the karting gamemode virtually unplayable for me.
I would also love full .ifl support (the thing that players use for decals and faces), it seems to work perfectly and I even got it to work with my models but .ifl's are not even networked correctly if they're custom. This means we can't have custom models with decals/animated decals on them.

The only updates I really would love are those that expand the game's limitations, even a little.
Something like increased amount of image slots would be a massive thing for developers but I'm not sure if it will ever be done.
Vehicle physics glitching into bricks is a massive issue as well, and it makes the karting gamemode virtually unplayable for me.
I would also love full .ifl support (the thing that players use for decals and faces), it seems to work perfectly and I even got it to work with my models but .ifl's are not even networked correctly if they're custom. This means we can't have custom models with decals/animated decals on them.

Everything that you mentioned up there, I already know, totally support, and I'm defiantly glad you added this. Seriously, thank you.

Basically everything you listed has contributed a part in the reason for this thread.

Especially the .ifl support.  That would actually be first on my wishlist.

Hire people
Sell it
Open Source
Move on

Why would he sell a game that's been earning him steady profit for years on end without having to implement any major updates? That's just silly.

Why would he sell a game that's been earning him steady profit for years on end without having to implement any major updates? That's just silly.
Yes, nice one captain. (lel captain obvious)

without having to implement any major updates?
ding ding ding
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:54:10 PM by tony-0222 »

ding ding ding
Why should Badspot work hard on major updates for the game? Major updates will not change how many people buy the game, they will only improve the experience for the few that play it. Badspot is no longer very interested in the game, so any small updates he still pushes out to improve gameplay and performance should surpass any expectations we have. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't give extensive development much thought.

In any case, development threads like this are decently pointless. Badspot will do what he wants, when he wants, and nothing you can say will change that.

I'll cling to my IFL mapping hopes until the day this game officially dies.

I just want Terrain and Maps back, because getting rid of them only brought Shaders into the game and yet I can't even run them , I just play the game with them off. Now they are a nice addition to the game when I do use them on other friend's comps, but like srsly was it worth the joy of trying to ram yourself through a huge loving window just to get onto the tree outside, or being able to drive around in a cube version of San Andreas? As I said Shaders are nice but forget man I really need to play some GSF Ghost maps or somethin. If the two could co-exist that'd be great but for some reason that I'm not aware of they can't :c

It took 2 pages of this thread for someone to actually have any idea of what a new update would consist of.
Honestly that's part of the problem. You people demand updates, but updates of what? What the hell do you want?