Author Topic: Huge Explosion Blasts Tianjin, China [Aftermath, pg 16]  (Read 25697 times)

I would actually love to visit chernobyl

Ah nuuuu cheeki breeki iv damke

It's handicapped comments like these that always makes me doubt whether or not people actually read anything I say. I literally didn't even say anything even close to implying that the person who was emotionally afflicted was at fault. I literally have no idea how you could even interpret what I said that way.
The thing is it is your choice to take the risk of offending someone, If I make/tell jokes that can be offensive I make sure to tell them only to people I know won't get offended. But if you know there is a chance people will get offended at your joke it is your own fault for taking the risk. If you want to tell a joke about 9/11, either don't do it or tell it to people who won't get offended. It's like shooting a bullet straight up in the middle of the crowd, if it hits someone, it is still your fault for risking that someone would get hurt, because it was you who pulled the trigger.

It's like shooting a bullet straight up in the middle of the crowd, if it hits someone, it is still your fault for risking that someone would get hurt, because it was you who pulled the trigger.

It's nothing like that. Not only is it a reasonable expectation for someone to not fire a gun in the air, but the magnitude of the impact is on a completely different plane.

It's like stepping on someone's toes by accident. Yeah, you probably should have been more careful, but it's not unreasonable that you weren't looking at your feet to make sure that you didn't step on anyone. In the same vein, once it happens you should probably apologize, but in the end it's that person that has to deal with the pain.

Also applicable to what I said earlier: if you knew that person's foot was directly under your next stride (if you knew the joke would offend them) it's unacceptable for you to step on their toes (make the joke). But, if you had no idea, it's not really your fault that you didn't make sure that their feet weren't where you were walking.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:24:04 PM by $trinick »

yeah til the dude whose toe you stepped on punches you in the face cause toe stepping hurts

any update on the death count?

yeah til the dude whose toe you stepped on punches you in the face cause toe stepping hurts

any update on the death count?
112, I believe.

-snip-
Okay, live with that logic, but people will still call you an starfish whether they were affected by 9/11 or not, humor is adjective, but 9/11 jokes really aren't.

Okay, live with that logic, but people will still call you an starfish whether they were affected by 9/11 or not, humor is adjective, but 9/11 jokes really aren't.
what

Jesus tap dancing Christ this is horrifying.