Author Topic: Newegg forces me to accidently order a keyboard twice  (Read 1970 times)

So I decided that I finally needed a new keyboard, so I found the one I was looking for at Newegg.

I created an account and ordered it and it confirmed easily.

I go to my email and it says that it loving was ordered twice. Confused, I went to the order history and it says that I ordered 2 of the same keyboard at the exact same time.

Wtf do I do to fix this, I'd prefer not randomly losing 40 dollars because newegg can't handle itself.

Checking my online banking account for details soon. Banking account confirms that that it was ordered twice.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:11:52 PM by ButlerBlockhead125 »

...have you considered contacting them?

...have you considered contacting them?
I contacted Newegg and they say there is about a $40 dollar refund fee

I contacted Newegg and they say there is about a $40 dollar refund fee
Was this via email?

Was this via email?
I had to do it via email because Neweggs phone service isnt open at 10 pm EST

I had to do it via email because Neweggs phone service isnt open at 10 pm EST
Screenshot of email pls

I think you should of bought a new mouse...

Also what keyboard is it? Some of us may be willing to buy it off you... but it depends if you pay for shipping or not.

Also what keyboard is it? Some of us may be willing to buy it off you... but it depends if you pay for shipping or not.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816031

Also im not giving you a screenshot of my email.

Contact NewEgg. They can probably cancel the order if you do it before they ship. If they don't, call the credit card company. Tell them you did not order twice and to reverse the charge.

The instant the company loses the money they will cancel the order.

Why not?

I just don't believe they would charge a $40 refund fee, it doesn't make any sense

Contact NewEgg. They can probably cancel the order if you do it before they ship. If they don't, call the credit card company. Tell them you did not order twice and to reverse the charge.

The instant the company loses the money they will cancel the order.
Will have to try that in the morning, I don't know if i can actually contact them because im not sure if either of their phone services are open by the time i get back from school which is about 4 pm

Edit: forced to go to bed, won't be able to contact until tomorrow. I'll try and see if i can call them before school.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:18:45 PM by ButlerBlockhead125 »

they shouldn't charge you anything if the package hasn't been shipped yet

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816031

i have the same keyboard but instead of blues i have reds
if you screenshot your email you can just blur out the names

uh. why? it seems really unlikely that they'd charge you $40 to do nothing, you're almost certainly misunderstanding something.