Author Topic: Where can I find the gmod texture fix?  (Read 1625 times)

It's still backwards to this day that you have to buy a game to make another game function though, I mean I don't really touch gmod since half the stuff is pink and black uhuh you know what it is.
It is not piracy. It's the developers fault for being too lazy to make their own assets. It's 2015, I don't know how that is still acceptable.

GMod is a modification, it requires base games in order to run properly. Just like other source mods out there. I don't get why people can't understand this fairly simple concept.

GMod is a modification, it requires base games in order to run properly. Just like other source mods out there. I don't get why people can't understand this fairly simple concept.
"Garry's Mod was originally a modification for HL2, but now it's a standalone game." says Wikipedia

I mean yes sure but in reality that statement's a lie because you need to buy another game. Who cares if it's a fairly simple concept, killing someone you don't like because you're crazy is a very simple concept but it's not a good concept.
sorry that isn't a good brown townogy i couldn't think of one

"Garry's Mod was originally a modification for HL2, but now it's a standalone game." says Wikipedia

I mean yes sure but in reality that statement's a lie because you need to buy another game. Who cares if it's a fairly simple concept, killing someone you don't like because you're crazy is a very simple concept but it's not a good concept.
sorry that isn't a good brown townogy i couldn't think of one

Wikipedia is full of stuff then, because GMod still requires assets from a base game. Hell, before you even buy it, steam tells you it requires assets to run.

Because ripping textures and models from the game, thus circumventing purchasing the game, is totally legit.
it would be illegal if it contained the base game itself and it was able to run, its just compilation of textures
alot of the gmod community uses it so get over it lol

it would be illegal if it contained the base game itself and it was able to run, its just compilation of textures
alot of the gmod community uses it so get over it lol

Just because a bunch of people use it, doesn't mean it's legit.

This is a forum being run by a person who has made their own game and makes money off of it. There is a rule about piracy on this forum and it is enforced.

textures are copyrighted just like everything else in the game bruh

There's no actual game, it's just assets.

But it is copyrighted, so it could be illegal either way.

Just because a bunch of people use it, doesn't mean it's legit.

This is a forum being run by a person who has made their own game and makes money off of it. There is a rule about piracy on this forum and it is enforced.
meh, you can't really stop them sooo

textures are copyrighted just like everything else in the game
okay well as a society you cant really stop them from using it, maybe instead of complaining you should go to the community that has the textures and explain your reasoning

meh, you can't really stop them sooo

I'm not stopping him, only informing him to do this elsewhere. Do you happen to read the rules at all? Maybe that's why you have been perma'd about twice now.

I don't know, every single map and model having big red ERRORS and missing textures was part of my experience because I didn't want to by a game I knew I wasn't going to play just so another game I don't play often would work properly

You could probably find this just by searching for it in your favorite search engine.

I guess I will save for the games or see if someone can get them for me to be on the safe side

Although I still don't think that is illegal

Although I still don't think that is illegal

textures are copyrighted just like everything else in the game bruh

Do you not read?

I really don't think they are copyrighted
It's a part of the Source Engine.
Even though it's open-source, doesn't mean it isn't copyrighted.