RTB Pref manager (Buffer Overrun Crash)

Author Topic: RTB Pref manager (Buffer Overrun Crash)  (Read 1101 times)

Sort of solved there is still a big problem, if yo ucan help here is the link:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=284676.0

Original Post:

Basically RTB without Mod manager, chat and colorset manager, leaving only the Pref Manager that it added.

Basically need this because RTB currently does not work with the new datablock limit, and I have a ton of addons that have configurable prefs, changing each pref via a chat command is very annoying and time costly, iso I though it would be really neat if we could just extract the Pref Managing part of RTB and make it a standalone addon that will most likely work with the new datablock limit.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:37:17 PM by ZERØ »

I believe there was a fix for not all the prefs being shown

Basically need this because RTB currently does not work with the new datablock limit

What are you even talking about?

If you need a fix for prefs not showing, that happens because idiots keep executing the file over and over. Just place this at the top of hooks/serverControl.cs:

//Check if module has already been loaded
if($RTB::Hooks::ServerControl == 1)
{
   error("    Why are you randomly executing this file?");
   return;
}

I believe there was a fix for not all the prefs being shown
Not talking about prefs not showing, its another issue, I had no idea there was even a problem showing prefs.

If you need a fix for prefs not showing, that happens because idiots keep executing the file over and over. Just place this at the top of hooks/serverControl.cs:

//Check if module has already been loaded
if($RTB::Hooks::ServerControl == 1)
{
   error("    Why are you randomly executing this file?");
   return;
}

If you go over the old addon limit, RTB causes "Buffer Overrun" and then Blockland.exe stops responding, later leading to a crash, I have been able to replicate it multiple times even on my other linux machines.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:16:40 AM by ZERØ »

Not talking about prefs not showing, its another issue, I had no idea there was even a problem showing prefs.

This
If you go over the old addon limit, RTB causes "Buffer Overrun" and then Blockland.exe stops responding, later leading to a crash, I have been able to replicate it multiple times even on my other linux machines.
The post was bugged somehow, when Badspot increased the datablock limit it made RTB break if you go past the old datablock limit for some odd reason.

Its definitely only with RTB enabled, because the game works fine without it.

Please use my version: http://mods.greek2me.us/third-party/storage/System_ReturnToBlockland_4_05_NO_INET.zip (rename the download to System_ReturnToBlockland.zip)

This is a stripped down version of RTB with a fixed prefs system.

Please use my version: http://mods.greek2me.us/third-party/storage/System_ReturnToBlockland_4_05_NO_INET.zip (rename the download to System_ReturnToBlockland.zip)

This is a stripped down version of RTB with a fixed prefs system.
Thanks, I'm assuming this one can handle the new datablock limit.

EDIT: Nope :( Buffer Overrun crash again.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:52:28 PM by ZERØ »