How to really stop my brother's videogame addiction?

Author Topic: How to really stop my brother's videogame addiction?  (Read 4458 times)

As you might now, I've made topics about my little brother before, and he's truly unpleasant. But this time, it's starting to make me really sad, because my parents are really starting to get hit by his addiction.

My brother was complaining of the need for more hard drive space on our desktop PC, but my parents refuse to buy him any games or even remotely support them. However, he found a way to manipulate my tech-savvy father by saying he was getting interested in computer building. And the first thing he wanted to try replacing was coincidentally, a bigger hard drive. My father was heartbroken when he caught on, being manipulated for my brother's gaming habits, and I feel immensely sad.

Does anyone know truly efficient methods of solving videogame problems? I mean, there's cold turkey where they just place take away the desktop PC and put it somewhere else, but then he's got his laptop which he supposedly does schoolwork on. Is there some supremely uncrackable parental control that would stop him dead after a certain time? Or do you guys know any alternative strategy to all this?

I really need your help. I can't stand to see my parents like this. If I solve this problem, things will undoubtedly take a turn for the better, at least somewhat.

Drop his computer off the roof.

Problem is gone.

How bad is his addiction?

How bad is his addiction?

The worst you can imagine. Every waking moment is spent playing Far Cry 4. He hates anything or anyone that gets in the way of it, including my parents...

The worst you can imagine. Every waking moment is spent playing Far Cry 4. He hates anything or anyone that gets in the way of it, including my parents...
Well I would consider addiction like he almost never eats and/or litterally only plays video games

Well I would consider addiction like he almost never eats and/or litterally only plays video games
When he first got Far Cry 4 he did not sleep, and only grabbed snacks. Now he stays up to 3am every night because he needs at least some sleep for school.

Find some sort of parental timer that kicks him off after a certain time

the only way is to euthanize him
i'm sorry

is there a way you can turn off his pc and it will stay off for like a month and until that time runs out it can turn on again
basically it will be impossible to access it until a while or something

Send him to military school
When he first got Far Cry 4 he did not sleep, and only grabbed snacks. Now he stays up to 3am every night because he needs at least some sleep for school.
Wait, he stays up to 3AM on /school nights/? What grade is he in?

is there a way you can turn off his pc and it will stay off for like a month and until that time runs out it can turn on again
That is known as removing the power cord  

take out cpu and hide it for a month

Take his computer and throw it off the roof.
I'm being serious. If it's that big of a problem, he deserves it

Your brother is sour, dear lord