How to really stop my brother's videogame addiction?

Author Topic: How to really stop my brother's videogame addiction?  (Read 4736 times)

take out cpu and hide it for a month
or, take out the ram, because that sounds a little easier

Wait, he stays up to 3AM on /school nights/? What grade is he in?
High School senior

is there a way you can turn off his pc and it will stay off for like a month and until that time runs out it can turn on again
basically it will be impossible to access it until a while or something
Maybe. But will cold turkey solve his addiction?

Find some sort of parental timer that kicks him off after a certain time
What's a really good one?

High School senior
Maybe. But will cold turkey solve his addiction?
What's a really good one?
well you could always be a douche and destroy his computer so he gets the message

Pull the RAM and hide it somewhere he would never look.

I think your brother would still try his best to grasp his hands on his desires, no matter what

Actually, scratch what I said before. What if you replaced his current memory card with a really, really crappy one to where video games didn't work, but basic stuff would? Like, homework-related programs like Microsoft Word. Also, I have no idea if that would work, I don't really know anything about computers

Hah, all I do is use my PC all day, been indoors all my life, so pale that people don't even notice I'm Hispanic.

Why is this such a bad thing? It could only be bad if he neglects family, then its really bad, here is how you will fix his problem:

The "Why is it broken" way.
1.Get access to his pc.
2.Open it and disconnect the PWR Connection plug from his case to his motherboard.

The "OMG H4X0R Method"
1.Same as above
2.Rename his steam game folder

Actually, scratch what I said before. What if you replaced his current memory card with a really, really crappy one to where video games didn't work, but basic stuff would? Like, homework-related programs like Microsoft Word.
This is actually a good idea
Alternatively, remove the graphics card, so it uses CPU graphics

Hah, all I do is use my PC all day, been indoors all my life, so pale that people don't even notice I'm Hispanic.

Why is this such a bad thing? It could only be bad if he neglects family, then its really bad, here is how you will fix his problem:

The "Why is it broken" way.
1.Get access to his pc.
2.Open it and disconnect the PWR Connection plug from his case to his motherboard.

The "OMG H4X0R Method"
1.Same as above
2.Rename his steam game folder
Not going outside and being sickly addicted to gaming are different things, you know

High School senior
good lord
I'm not sure he's ready for the world in his current state, does he have any plans after graduating?

I can write a script, fully open-sourced to disable games of your/parents choice. This will make it so any game he tries to play that is blocked, will require a password of your/parents choice.

High School senior
What the forget? When does school start for him? I'm dead tired when I only get 6 hours of sleep.

Actually, scratch what I said before. What if you replaced his current memory card with a really, really crappy one to where video games didn't work, but basic stuff would? Like, homework-related programs like Microsoft Word. Also, I have no idea if that would work, I don't really know anything about computers
Memory card?

I would love to know what part of a PC you think is the memory card.

Memory card?

I would love to know what part of a PC you think is the memory card.
he means ram no need to get on his case

High School senior
sounds like grade A neet material

I'd suggest loving up his graphics card so he can't play games but can still use the computer for other things