Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online or Destiny?  (Read 1118 times)

My brother and I are going to get an Xbox One and it comes with a free game of our choice from a selection. The only games from the list we are interested in are the two in the topic title. I've heard mixed reviews about both, so I was wondering what you guys think.

I've heard that Destiny is better than ESO and many people don't really like ESO compared to other Elder Scrolls Games. I played the beta for ESO and I didn't think it was too great but I guess it was alright I found it hard to get into and then having to pay a subscription kind of ruined it. I've played Destiny a little bit a while back but I enjoyed it for the time I did play it. The only reason I stopped was because I prefer playing games on the PC and we had 1 PS4 to share between 3 of us so I just didn't bother.

elder scrolls online is a great game if you consider it an MMO first, before an elder scrolls game. it's literally that. It also has a nice progression where you just go around, grab some quests and run around (kind of like elder scrolls games!) and levelling up inst that difficult, you get XP for exploring and finishing quests for that respective location. I also like the crafting because it's a bit more in depth than normal elder scrolls with traits you can research and stuff. I also heard the PVP was pretty swell

Never played destiny but that's my two cents with ESO

if you're into first person shooters you should grab destiny

Destiny
Elder scrolls online is a flop

neither
but if i had to choose it would be ESO
don't expect skyrim online, though.

Destiny. Now is one of the best times to jump into it. Year Two is starting up with the new expansion "The Taken King" (Sept 15). Destiny is easily a top contender for my favorite games of all time. Grab the expansion Legendary edition for the price of a full retail game ($60) and you'll be set for all the content released so far. People rag on Destiny for its shortcomings when it was released, but Bungie has put out a lot of patches and content releases that have ultimately made Destiny an amazing experience that everyone should try at least once. And I've been with it almost since day one.

I disliked Destiny but I would rather play it than ESO. They were both disappointing for different reasons, but I feel like Destiny was more rewarding after a while. ESO was a yawnfest.

Elder Scrolls Online is better. You're getting more content with just $60 than Destiny. Destiny is just a grindfest for top-tier loot.

Elder Scrolls Online is better. You're getting more content with just $60 than Destiny. Destiny is just a grindfest for top-tier loot.

You call Destiny a grind-fest and then recommend ESO? I think you need a reality-check.

Quick edit note: TTK is removing the light-based level system, in leu of actually gaining experience for your level. Light now determines your attack and defence. There will be no gear grinding for your level.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:53:23 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

Quick edit note: TTK is removing the light-based level system, in leu of actually gaining experience for your level. Light now determines your attack and defence. There will be no gear grinding for your level.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've never played destiny but I can vouch for ESO being pretty dang enjoyable, as long as you don't go in expecting Skyrim II.

ESO has better stories, and a larger map.
It's also a very fun MMO generally, and it feels like the Elder scrolls universe (but gameplay is different from other  TES games).
I also found it easier to play co-op with my brother than with destiny. Destiny is probably better if you enjoy pvp though.

Subscription (besides xbox live) is not necessary btw, although there is an optional one for monthly premium currency (for vanity things/time-saving mostly) and free access to all dlc (first one is out now, or soon?).

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry that was more aimed at JBlitz. I was basically saying that armor you wear (starting tomorrow actually) will no longer determine your level, as it had since launch. You had to find the high tier gear (usually raid armor) in order to reach max rank. It will now use experience gained through playing the game instead. So you can reach max level by playing story missions, turning in bounties, etc. Basically, the gear-based level system was one of the most criticized parts of the game (for the grind), and they're removing it with the patch tomorrow. Among other things, but this is a big overhaul (and what JBlitz was commenting on).