I got thrown out of honors. RIP.

Author Topic: I got thrown out of honors. RIP.  (Read 2633 times)

... where did he imply that lol
by saying that highschool education is a waste of time

I wasn't in honors but got into college with a 2.9. Got a $5,000 pale grant that pays for my tuition and a music scholarship for $700. Getting a bachelors in criminal justice so i'm pretty much set. Way easier than anyone who wanted to become a civil engineer or aerospace technician.

in honors classes you learn literally all of the same things but have 10x more work to do

in honors classes you learn literally all of the same things but have 10x more work to do
but in honors classes there aren't complete idiots in them
I wasn't in honors but got into college with a 2.9. Got a $5,000 pale grant that pays for my tuition and a music scholarship for $700. Getting a bachelors in criminal justice so i'm pretty much set. Way easier than anyone who wanted to become a civil engineer or aerospace technician.
my mom has a master's in criminal justice and no one will hire her

back in 8th grade my english teacher encouraged all her students to go to honors classes. big mistake on her part tbh cause now there are all these kids that can't do the work because they have been in low level classes their whole life

my mom has a master's in criminal justice and no one will hire her
Not to be mean about your mum, but is that entirely down to her degree?
What of her work experience, resume, transferable skills, interview skills, presentability, attitude, or just the state of the job market where she is and the sort of jobs she's applying for?

There's more to getting a job than just having a degree.

i'd way rather sit with idiots than do work

being in honors makes getting into college a stuffload easier
but with the way you're acting I would assume that you think college is a waste of time too
No, actually I'm two semesters away from earning my degree in Environmental Engineering with a cumulative GPA of 3.5. Close guess though!

High school education is a waste of time because you can literally do nothing and still end up doing whatever you want in college if you work hard enough. I finished high school with a 71 average/2.0 GPA and still ended up on track to earn my degree in only 9 semesters. Oh and not to mention I'm going to be pretty much debt free when I get out because I was smart with my money and went to community college my first couple years followed by some pretty generous scholarships.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:16:16 PM by Ravencroft· »

Not to be mean about your mum, but is that entirely down to her degree?
What of her work experience, resume, transferable skills, interview skills, presentability, attitude, or just the state of the job market where she is and the sort of jobs she's applying for?

There's more to getting a job than just having a degree.
she has 0 work experience in the field because no one will hire her but she is kind of an starfish so i think you've got me there
also inb4 'buh inter shipp'
no one will let her be an intern in the field either presumably because   ^
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:14:35 PM by Daswiruch »

yeah, i feel like i can be in honors
i was a loving dumbass and decided to play videogames instead of doing homework.

Then youstay out. GG bro, enjoy CP

Then youstay out. GG bro, enjoy CP
if you have nothing intelligent to contribute to this thread, you do not need to post here.
you are simply wasting all of our time.

here were my grades for last year:
religion: 86
english: 75
algebra: 73
living environment: 90
health: 86
global: 81
italian: 79
i mean yeah it's no wonder why i got kicked out, but iirc you have to have at least an 80 in 4 grades for regents
i met that criteria so i'm pretty much baffled.
also one of the women at the office told me i was still in honors.. wat

if you have nothing intelligent to contribute to this thread, you do not need to post here.
you are simply wasting all of our time.

He has a point though???????

here were my grades for last year:
religion: 86
english: 75
algebra: 73
living environment: 90
health: 86
global: 81
italian: 79
i mean yeah it's no wonder why i got kicked out, but iirc you have to have at least an 80 in 4 grades for regents
i met that criteria so i'm pretty much baffled.
also one of the women at the office told me i was still in honors.. wat
thats a 3.16 gpa so you should have been fine

thats a 3.16 gpa so you should have been fine
thanks, i had no clue what a gpa even meant because the education system is so closed lol
i'm using that to fight