Why is steam refund bs only 2 hours?

Author Topic: Why is steam refund bs only 2 hours?  (Read 1928 times)

Honestly, 2 hours isn't even close enough to decide if the game is good or not.
/discuss

Some games install slower than 2 hours...

Unless the time does not count for install time...

Some games install slower than 2 hours...

Unless the time does not count for install time...
Just play time
But it's stuff because I played Terraria for quite a while a long time ago and I only played it with a friend and I'd gladly get my money back because I'm never going to play that again

there's a lot of games I never played that I'd like to get a refund for but I bought them before the cutoff date :(

It's probably intended for if the game won't work for you. 2 hours is plenty to determine that. Or if you bought it by mistake.

Use reviews to determine if game is good or bad.

Just play time
But it's stuff because I played Terraria for quite a while a long time ago and I only played it with a friend and I'd gladly get my money back because I'm never going to play that again
If you played it for "quite a while" then why should you get your money back. People could just buy a game, play the story, then refund it, that's bs

It's probably intended for if the game won't work for you. 2 hours is plenty to determine that.
And what about the "I don't like the game" option?

And what about the "I don't like the game" option?
If you can't play a game for two hours and decide "I don't like this game" then that's on you.

The only games I've ever taken longer than two hours to make a decision on whether I like it is MMOs, where you have to build up your character and stuff. Anything else I can make a decision pretty quickly.

Understand that there needs to be a fairly low hour limit, otherwise people can just play it then refund it simply because they're cheap.
It's still a really good return policy for software, I haven't seen a better one anywhere.

If you can't play a game for two hours and decide "I don't like this game" then that's on you.
You can't rate a game with only 2 hours of playtime
If you can you're a horrible person.
Imo they should extend to 24 hours.

Lol 24 hours of gameplay?
forget no, that's enough to complete most single player games.

people can just play it then refund it simply because they're cheap.

Steam refunds are not meant to let you play through a significant portion before deciding if you like the game or not. Otherwise everyone's libraries would only consist of a few games that they considered "really good", and Valve profits would tumble. You're only meant to get a refund if the game fails to work on your system, or if you play through the first 2 hours and decide it's either not the game you expected or just not for you.

Are you joking? What game have you played for 24 hours that you decided you didn't like? I've only played 19 of my 238 games for that amount of time, and that's obviously because I enjoy them. If they allowed refunds after 24 hours of gameplay, everyone would just refund their games after finishing them. 2 hours is plenty of time.

Are you kidding me, hell no that's a terrible idea. With that logic I could play something like say Psychonauts (A game I have completed nearing the 24 hour mark) for example, complete the story and return the game to get my money back. It's extremely abusable and if you need to play a game for 24 hours to find out you like it then there's a problem.

i had a game that i played for 6 hours (wargame: red dragon) and it got refunded

2 hours deciding is good enough

Do you know how abuseable this would be?

It's incase your computer can't handle it.