Dad may be installing a network proxy, help. (Rant on parental restrictions)

Author Topic: Dad may be installing a network proxy, help. (Rant on parental restrictions)  (Read 4166 times)

you don't have to do it, but you'll be missing out of pretty much the entire biological purpose of being alive, and according to the majority of people, a lot of fun
this is what I'm talking about. you're acting like not having love is bad. while pretending that you're not
Just because it's a part of being human doesn't mean it makes you any less human if you don't want to have it
if it's "part of being human" then yes it does. if not having love doesn't make you less human, then having love isn't part of being human

good you shouldnt be on the computer for more than 15 minutes a day it melts your brain cells

squid is caching software
some ISPs use it... for caching. there are other places to use it but that's the only time I've ever actually seen it in action. chances are what you saw him looking at was an error page from it. or maybe he saw such an error page and googled it and that's what you saw
either way, your dad probably isn't interested in it. unless he wants to consume marginally less data and slightly increase the speed at which your family can load some web pages, I guess
Ah that would answer my question. He was probably searching around for monitoring software and found it. I'll try to figure out what he installed then.

Anyways to get onto the research subject; in my case I don't mind the rule at all. I've never bothered to look at research and like I said don't intend to. What I'm more upset about is the invasion of privacy, and of course lack of freedom.

But Ipquarx is right, love is just a human act and it doesn't make you more or less normal to partake in it. As for my parents it's religious reasoning as to why they don't endorse research. I don't too but not for religious reasons.

good you shouldnt be on the computer for more than 15 minutes a day it melts your brain cells
sir my brain cells are long gone.

get a bootable flashdrive and load ubuntu onto it so you can log into it without using their permission and they can't monitor you...simple fix :U

Stand up for yourself, Blake
I'm serious, this will probobaly only get worse over time it's best to make a stand right here right now
Tell your parents to back off a bit. Tell them you're a responsible teenager, you're growing up and they don't have to watch over you like eagles or something

What has me curious is what in particular that they saw on the forums

Uh, before getting worried and making this thread, you probably should have taken forty seconds to research what a proxy is, because it is absolutely nothing for you to be worried about.

by saying "love is part of being human" you are saying people who don't want to have love are less human
there's no way around that. maybe you don't actually think that there's anything wrong with not wanting to have love, but that's why you should choose better words
Are you incapable of reading something without finding some idiotic skeleton influenced thing to complain about?

Your parents sound like liberals

Your parents sound like liberals

you mean

conservatives...

right?

get a bootable flashdrive and load ubuntu onto it so you can log into it without using their permission and they can't monitor you...simple fix :U
as long as you're connected to your parent's network, they can monitor you. but if you use a VPN, they won't be able to tell what you're doing, unless the monitoring software is on your computer
using linux can probably solve the software issue, but any OS can use a VPN
Uh, before getting worried and making this thread, you probably should have taken forty seconds to research what a proxy is, because it is absolutely nothing for you to be worried about.
a proxy is not one specific thing. your router is a proxy between your computer and your modem, and it does all kinds of things
Squid is also a proxy, and it caches web pages
chances are, whatever monitoring thing his parents might use is also a proxy. the people who made it probably wouldn't call it that, though
idiotic skeleton influenced thing
what?

So the odds are he will either add it to your router, in which case your forgeted. But if its a computer application then he surely isn't going to install it on your mom's PC... Right?

you mean

conservatives...

right?
some conservatives are literally so biased every person they dont like is liberal
i know a guy like that