6 (5.6%)
kind of strict
20 (18.7%)
Not very strict
35 (32.7%)
Our school gave up on rules
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: How strict is your school?  (Read 3687 times)

community college
we have a couple of police officers that ride bikes around campus, dress code is incredibly lax

it feels sooo much better than high school oh my god

My school tries to be strict but fails miserably at doing so.
For example, there's a bunch of cameras around, but I know someone who knows someone that worked for the IT before. There's literally a distinct way you can go around the building and never face a camera. It's probably how some of the Robotics equipment my team had got stolen. That and all the programs on the computers are extremely outdated, and many of the programs (like the one that for some reason allows you to fake a shutdown error/update on any computer connected to the entire school's internet) are easily accessible.
The school also used a special log-in for students to take MAPs testing, which is basically our state's mandatory test. However, that same account had complete administrator privileges.  They removed it at one point, but it still has a couple things on there that not many students know about like the shutdown program.

They also block a bunch of websites for random stuff, like some news sites (new york times) are blocked for "abortion" and some other things are blocked for "humor."
Blockland forums isn't blocked... except the furry megathread is blocked for research. So there's that.

We have two officers here but they aren't armed and in my experience with them, are really nice and way more understanding than the administration.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:20:14 PM by Arekan »

That's one thing that always gets me. Girls are given strict dress codes so as "not to distract boys". Maybe teach these boys that it's impolite and inappropriate to stare instead of having a "boys will be boys" attitude.
lol

average dress codes, we can use phones whenever teachers aren't teaching and we can usually eat in class

A guy and a girl (Who I think were brothers) came to school wearing tank-tops with crappy confederate flags painted on them. They got yelled at by our principal. I laughed.

Not only was it breaking Dress Code (For the Girl at-least) but it was considered, “Offensive”. Seriously, like 3/10 of my Middle School is African-American.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:15:20 PM by Regirock »

as long as your wearing clothes, you're allowed in. my school is pretty lax

we couldn't even wear hats when the school heaters broke and it was 40* in some rooms (this was after we had a massive ice storm). one teacher tried to be nice to let the kids who had to walk to school/ride the bus wear their hats for a while but then the dean wrote the students up and reported the teacher.
Christ, what ring of hell do you live in??

i hate a few of my teachers enough that i want to shoot up the school. other than that the administration there is pretty chillax

as long as your wearing clothes, you're allowed in. my school is pretty lax
This. As long as you don't do illegal stuff you're fine in my school.

My old highschool was recently in the news. They have a protocol that if they catch any students getting lunch off school ground (a Dunkin Donuts right across the street) they take the student back to the school and search their stuff. They recently caught a student who just transferred from New Jersey and when they searched his backapck discovered 43 bags of cocaine and 285 bags of heroin.

My old highschool was recently in the news. They have a protocol that if they catch any students getting lunch off school ground (a Dunkin Donuts right across the street) they take the student back to the school and search their stuff. They recently caught a student who just transferred from New Jersey and when they searched his backapck discovered 43 bags of cocaine and 285 bags of heroin.
HOLY stuff

I would applaude someone who managed to get ahold of 285 bags of heroin.