Author Topic: I fixed vehicle physics - no, seriously  (Read 9650 times)

This is a DLL mod that changes engine classes by hooking functions - the same process normally used to hack games like cs: go.

- collision is now very solid with only the occasional low orbit achieved.
- the only bricks it is still possible to drive through are cubes and large 5x walls. Everything else is impenetrable. Hopefully this will be fixed when I modify the convex class.
- upon crashing, vehicles can now knock one another about (as real ones would)

Planned:
- final fixes mentioned above
- vehicles float in water
- secret things (:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:26:45 AM by chrisbot6 »

This would be nice for my city rpg. Checking this out!

Just checked your server.
I must say, the improvements you made are very impressive.
The only problem I noticed is that, while it's more difficult to achieve and doesn't seem to last as long or go as high, low-orbit can still be achieved.

would be cool if someone made a very well patched and well working vehicle physics fix and badspot added it to the game
we can dream

that crash tho

I've got a .bat auto restarting.

EDIT:
The same crash keeps happening. We're working on fixing it and I've taken the server down temporarily.[\s]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:53:21 PM by chrisbot6 »

I think badspot should put this in blockland  :cookieMonster:

Just spawned a jeep and a ball. With the v2v fix, you can knock the ball around with the jeep.

Rocket League, anyone?

Whoa nice

Do vehicles still get stuck if you drive by something too closely or will the vehicle kinda slide along the wall like a real car would?

Just spawned a jeep and a ball. With the v2v fix, you can knock the ball around with the jeep.

Rocket League, anyone?
I helped inspire that idea B)

Anyway, this is actually pretty cool, you can see parts that still need adjustments, like the slippery lightweight tanks and jeeps launching randomly while crashing into bricks, but this is an early hack-y kinda thing, so it's understandable

Good luck working out the kinks

jeeps and tanks were flung