Author Topic: Dedicated server cannot be entered  (Read 1063 times)

My dedicated server cannot be connected trough Online Server List, only LAN server list. It did work 2 days ago and the problem just simply started without me messing with anything server related.
My friend says that they cannot see the server on the server list and when I try to join trough server list, it says in the console "No matches" multiple times (expecting that this is the Punch packet send attempt).
 Any ideas why this isn't working?

is the port forwarded?
are you using UPnP?

You shouldn't join your own server through the server list anyways, there's no reason to connect through the internet to connect to yourself. Connect via IP to 127.0.0.1.

There is also never a situation where a server would appear on the master server for one player but not another.

Connecting through local host of your server is much better than using the server list because:
- You shouldn't be disconnected for internet issues
- Less lag for you (correct me if I am wrong) aka better ping connection
- If you have a lot of Internet issues local host will not be affected on you but all the other people on the server that isn't on local host

But yeah, did you port forward? Are you using UPNP if not port forwarding?

I haven't port forwarded anything, so yes its UPnP

I haven't port forwarded anything, so yes its UPnP
port forward

Thx, but that ain't helping

I checked the console and it shows that UPnP is down.
It also shows WebCom_PostServer() - mission is not running
And a bunch of errors after that

Thx, but that ain't helping
Are you kidding?
Problem: Your ports are not forwarded.
Solution: Forward your ports.
It's not hard to understand.

NOEDIT: Also, you can't connect to your own server from within the public server list. You HAVE to hit "query LAN" in order to join any server running on your computer or on the same network.

NOEDIT: Also, you can't connect to your own server from within the public server list. You HAVE to hit "query LAN" in order to join any server running on your computer or on the same network.
Yea, like we've said above:
You shouldn't join your own server through the server list anyways, there's no reason to connect through the internet to connect to yourself. Connect via IP to 127.0.0.1.

There is also never a situation where a server would appear on the master server for one player but not another.

Also, you can connect, but it's better to not connect through the server list, as I also stated above:
Connecting through local host of your server is much better than using the server list because:
- You shouldn't be disconnected for internet issues
- Less lag for you (correct me if I am wrong) aka better ping connection
- If you have a lot of Internet issues local host will not be affected on you but all the other people on the server that isn't on local host

Also, you can connect, but it's better to not connect through the server list, as I also stated above:
I've never actually been able to.
Every time I've ever tried to connect to my own server through those means, it just keeps sending a connection request and it never completes.