River Scenery, with old rusty bridge thing. [new stuff, pg 2]

Author Topic: River Scenery, with old rusty bridge thing. [new stuff, pg 2]  (Read 3223 times)

I'm building something... again.
and i basically just wanted some feedback on what's currently built, rate x/10, give some tips as to how i should improve it, etc,
I'm not the best at making bridges and stuff.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:35:58 AM by Xeidious* »

A very nice use of the new modter fences and the tree pack. Would have been nice if the river bank had a bit of variation rather than being straight. Doesn't look like the outer terrain is quite done, it does need a bit more shaping as the outer walls looks particularly boxish. Maybe cut back on the grass brick usage. When used in bulk in a larger area it tends to look tacky, but again, that's mostly on the outer detail which I assume still isn't done.

Overall it's a very nice run down depressing bridge. Soft shaders really makes it go the extra mile.
And damn, somebody really needs to remake the bigger tree bricks...

7/10, I'd say use smaller lattice / wire fence bricks for more detail  but we don't have those iirc.
Other than that, good job!

A very nice use of the new modter fences and the tree pack. Would have been nice if the river bank had a bit of variation rather than being straight. Doesn't look like the outer terrain is quite done, it does need a bit more shaping as the outer walls looks particularly boxish. Maybe cut back on the grass brick usage. When used in bulk in a larger area it tends to look tacky, but again, that's mostly on the outer detail which I assume still isn't done.

Overall it's a very nice run down depressing bridge. Soft shaders really makes it go the extra mile.
And damn, somebody really needs to remake the bigger tree bricks...

7/10, I'd say use smaller lattice / wire fence bricks for more detail  but we don't have those iirc.
Other than that, good job!

Thanks for the Feedback! Ill try to take this into consideration, and yeah it's not quite finished as you can see here, i've still got a bit of a ways to go.

not sure if you edited op to remove old images, but what you have there now is pretty impressive

are you using the modular trees pack for the rocks?

not sure if you edited op to remove old images, but what you have there now is pretty impressive

are you using the modular trees pack for the rocks?
No the rocks are it's own add-on. actually i don't even remember where i got them, and no the op is still same as it was when i first posted, just had some spelling errors at first.

9.9/10 too much siba bricks

These supports look really wimpy.
Otherwise, 9/10

are those rocks and bushes along the side of the river recolored tree toppers?

Should release a save file.

EDIT
If you made it so that there's a road on either side that are on the same level as the bridge, like, a dirt road, it'd work quite well for zombie-l4d-esque games.

yesss this is amazing

9/10, supports do look a little small for such a heavy-looking bridge. i really can't wait to see what you're gonna do with this

are those rocks and bushes along the side of the river recolored tree toppers?
The rocks are another pack, the bushes are the tree toppers.

If you made it so that there's a road on either side that are on the same level as the bridge, like, a dirt road, it'd work quite well for zombie-l4d-esque games.
i've already started working on just that, it's not much right now but here's some pictures.

yesss this is amazing

9/10, supports do look a little small for such a heavy-looking bridge. i really can't wait to see what you're gonna do with this
Thanks, ill probably work on making the supports a little more stronger looking.