Non-Steam Blockland vs. Steam Blockland | Which is better?

Author Topic: Non-Steam Blockland vs. Steam Blockland | Which is better?  (Read 1706 times)

As everyone knows, you can either play Blockland on Steam or not, but which is better? Steam or Non-steam Blockland?

I dont see any benefit of having it on steam, so non steam ftw

I dont see any benefit of having it on steam, so non steam ftw
steam has a friends list, and you can also message them on it.

both are the same but even though I have a steam account with plenty of games on it and lots of bl people on my friends list, I already have the game by itself so idrc

I've been using the steam version of Blockland recently simply because it's a cleaner installation. My non-steam installation is absolutely crammed with experimental mods and consequently is pretty unstable and slow.

Someone confirm if they can but I'm fairly certain that with Steam, client mods fail to load if you are not connected to the internet.

I've been using the steam version of Blockland recently simply because it's a cleaner installation. My non-steam installation is absolutely crammed with experimental mods and consequently is pretty unstable and slow.
this is kinda same for me

all my good mods are on steam, and nonsteam is filled with stupid screenshots I want to delete, plus I like ingame internet browser

steam4life

and broadcast and invite people to your game

well there's not really a difference ingame soooo

I only swapped for the benefits of steam messaging so I don't have to windows key, otherwise it's the same.

This.

the downside of steam though is you can't host a dedicated and play the game at the same time. since I host semi-regularly i like to have that functionality.

as for keeping my installation clean, usually what I tend to do is make a sub folder and deck it out with a fresh blockland installation, then use the noLauncher.bat to run it.

steam for usual use

non-steam for lan parties and whatnot

Non-Steam allows for switching alts, if you have any.

Non-Steam allows for switching alts, if you have any.
You still can with steam, I just made 2 shortcuts for my main steam account and my alt so I can use my alt