Author Topic: serious computer anomalies  (Read 2503 times)

lately unexplainable things have been happening on my computer, and they all only happen when im trying to use the alarm clock website:

http://kukuklok.com/

now as of recent ive been putting up with it because i figured it was just me being a fool and missing my alarms, but now im seriously suspecting something strange going on. for what ever reason, some how SOME WAY my alarm is turned off, muted, closed, or SOMETHING has happened to stop my alarm from going off. i know im not doing it, my roommates arent doing it (and im positive are too computer illiterate to know how) and im almost positive it isnt a virus cause this literally happens no other time except for when im depending on this website to wake me up

but today, this was just ridiculous. today i woke up to my computers actual sound settings being modified. i mean my default sound was set to my main speakers (just like i left it before i went to bed) but simply no audio was coming out of it. i switched to my headphones and thats the only sound setting any audio would come out of. i had to unplug and replug my speakers and subwoofer to get my computer to read my main set up again.

whats even stranger is that sometimes this stuff wont even happen at all! on super rare occasions the alarm will go off like normal and i actually wake up

luckily i dont have work at an extremely early time today, but seriously what the forget is doing this? im lost for words and can make no sense out of this. this freaky stuff literally only happens when im using kukuklok and nothing else.

does anyone have any possible reason why my computer is making all these decisions without my acknowledgment???

holy stuff how did i post this in drama. this was meant for off topic im sorry :(

saw this was posted in drama. expected it to be about your computer possibly being infected with malware or RATs by another user.

saw this was posted in drama. expected it to be about your computer possibly being infected with malware or RATs by another user.
yeeeeeah i made an oopsie.......

holy stuff how did i post this in drama. this was meant for off topic im sorry :(
must be another computer anomaly

your computer is either being haunted or kukuklok is screwing it up, so i suggest you don't use it and find some other alarm clock thing

i really doubt it's a virus but install malwarebytes and do a full scan. it'll take a while

malwarebytes- if that doesn't work, use eset nod32 anrivirus

Or just try another alarm website or whatever

If not a virus or an issue with the website, it might be your sound card acting up.

Run a scan of your computer's hard drive to see if it's being infected by a virus.

If you're certain it isn't a virus and the scan isn't turning anything up, you might want to try setting up a camcorder or similar device hidden near the computer and leave it running through the night just to see if someone is manipulating the computer while you sleep.

The chances of it being malware is very small; I don't know of any that edits sound settings. Just use a different website.

If not a virus or an issue with the website, it might be your sound card acting up.
If it's randomly setting the headphones as the default playback device this might be it. Does it do it when you only have the speakers plugged in? An easy first step would be trying to reinstall the drivers for whatever you are using.

And it only does it on kukuklok not any other similar alarm website?

If it's randomly setting the headphones as the default playback device this might be it. Does it do it when you only have the speakers plugged in? An easy first step would be trying to reinstall the drivers for whatever you are using.

And it only does it on kukuklok not any other similar alarm website?
honestly last night was the first time my actual sound properties have been messed with. keep in mind that has never happened before. i dont know why it happened this time. i guess it could be sound drivers but they picked a super random (incredibly inconvenient) time to just start acting up

so far nothing else causes this. this stuff only happens when i leave kukuklok running. but its strange cause a while ago even leavng kukuklok running never did this. all of the sudden things just started acting up and i dont know why. i like using kukuklok cause of its incredibly loud and annoying alarms but i guess ill just have to find another website :/

Ya I don't know man. Maybe they changed something on the website causing it to not play nice with your PC?