Creativity is leaving our minds.

Author Topic: Creativity is leaving our minds.  (Read 13877 times)

yes

it is actually that

But I guess fun. Only problem is; they're everywhere.

you want to be an outlier? loving be one

Ley me tell you it's not creativity that had left minds. It's that's there was no spark to start the creativity. Nobody is going to build on that same long slate that they've been doing for the past 3 years. It's large and empty and they don't feel encouraged. Maps really did create a fun environment that people felt that spark of creativity. Now I definitely not saying maps being lost gives us no hope and here's why. (insert buzzfeed logo here)

For the past 3 days I've been hosting a free build based around a city floating in mid air. I've been seeing people old and new come on to build. I knew that if I created a great environment for people to collaborate that they would really enjoy building and I'll say that a lot of people have. My server spiked to the top of the list on all 3 of those days in the busiest part of the day. There was 40 people on my server at one point. That's not very common for blockland at all. It got a bit hectic but I managed. I had friends who helped me keep it under control.
very true
I hosted a staticmap freebuild, and it got a lot of popularity and lots of people came on to build, or to just look around. It's been more popular than most of my other freebuilds only because it had an environment to build in.

But I guess fun. Only problem is; they're everywhere.

yea and because they're fun they're not gonna stop being everywhere and there's nothing you can really do about it

nobody's gonna look at the thing they're enjoying and say to themselves "wow this thing i'm enjoying is EVERYWHERE! i better stop having fun now...."

Wait until i finish my gay child enthusiast brony 46 year old man rapes 7 year old white girl rp them creativity shall fluorish again in block land

Oh god not this again,
Alright let me just say this *I haven't read through the topic fully but anyways here goes*
Creativity doesn't mean a good server, it just means how you look at it, a server can be utter stuff but have good effort put into it, if you think just because these servers are hosted extensively means its any less creative, just look at some of the RP's MERP'S etc, hosted by people, they spend quite a bit of time to make the maps for these things,
Just today i was hosting my RP map WIP and my friend "Cookies and cream" linked this to me while saying "We should stop hosting RP's all together" i am gonna spend a quite a bit of time working on this map just to make it top notch for the community to enjoy, please next time you talk about creativity think about creativity as a whole and not as a 1 sided thing,
Thank you and have a good day.

I tottally agree, im working on my own MERP (Which im going to put in dedicated (Shameless self promotion)), and the work is pretty immense, ive also helped Blackwatch and Laneer with thier maps, and even Denver (An old newbie MERP host), it takes a LOT of effort to figure out the biomes, the buildstyle of the map, the strategic elements and everything else, it isnt "Not creative" its a pretty big undertaking to make a MERP map, and i'd assume it'd be pretty hard to build anything at full scale too (Since i dont build in actual Blockhead scale much), especially something as big as a town on City RPs or a School for a School RP

I remember when I used to host diffrent "odd-ball" servers

I remember when I used to host diffrent "odd-ball" servers
stop bumping this

yes thats called a bump
Why are you so brown town about this? I see you constantly backseat moderating like this and I don't understand your motivation

Why are you so brown town about this? I see you constantly backseat moderating like this and I don't understand your motivation
I've been wondering what his deal with that is too. It's definitely a lot more annoying than a bump.

I've been wondering what his deal with that is too. It's definitely a lot more annoying than a bump.
He seems to be an entitled stufflord
jk. But he needs to slow down on the backseat moderating.

Plus the plethora amount of times he's been whining about chainbans

backseat moderating is up there on the list of most annoying internet behavior