Author Topic: My Little Pony is too edgy for SU fans and Social Justice Wankers  (Read 4191 times)

that's a gross bastardization of what i said, i REALLY gotta ask you again if you actually read the post it was based on. that's a rhetorical question, because i know you didn't.
please elaborate kind sir

pls landmineman4000², tell us what incredibly important and beneficial things you are focusing on
well for one thing making sure the golden gate bridge doesn't collapse today

I have thought for years now that the entire internet is cancerous.
All television is cancerous.

There is not one piece of social media, one scrap of television, not none corner or forum to hide in that isn't cancerous.

please elaborate kind sir
what point? is your point that it's ok to be an starfish to weaboos but not to anyone else? that popular animes are bad because of them? that weaboos are gross??
people that regularly consume anime / hentai that special interestizes rape and child enthusiasm (there's a lot of them!) are stuff, and the fact that they are ruining the japanese animation industry is a cherry on top. people that consume anime are not bad people, but it becomes increasingly obvious that you are dealing with a weeaboo based on the shows they watch. (and how much they watch of it, sometimes)
if being a weaboo is a 'group', why is attempting to defend the dumbest things and promote basically anything that involves a gender that isn't male / female not a group?
because weeaboos are easy to identify, and not thrown around loosely as a stuffty umbrella term for people you dont agree with in an argument. hell, half of the bad anime consumers identify themselves as weeaboos.

why is attempting to defend the dumbest things and promote basically anything that involves a gender that isn't male / female not a group?
is this the understood definition of what an SJW is? i've always understood the idea basically as a socially radical person that likes to yell on the internet

regardless, i think kimon's point is that this is merely an archetype and real examples of that archetype are too rare to actually justify creating a collective of them, or rather, the apparent examples are far less intense than the archetype would suggest. i think it's more so a problem where the parameters for the group are so weirdly defined that it's kinda hard to use as a legitimate collection of individuals. it's a weird case where the group that's being described becomes loaded with all sorts of negative connotations that using it in rational discourse becomes really difficult and muddled. the problem is more so that the term "SJW" has come to be inherently dismissive and negative. it doesn't hold weight as a categorisation, it holds weight as a derogation. as a real-world example, think "communist" during the red scare. it was a label used to cause distrust and shoot down ideas rather than as a legitimate means of identification. even if some of the ideas that the communist party had were reasonable and eventually implemented, the negativity surrounding the terminology was too great to actually get people to listen. i don't think "SJW" quite stacks up to that but it's a similar case
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:23:05 PM by otto-san »

why are people upset

I want to make a general assessment of the situation without investing anything.

is this the understood definition of what an SJW is? i've always understood the idea basically as a socially radical person that likes to yell on the internet

regardless, i think kimon's point is that this is merely an archetype and real examples of that archetype are too rare to actually justify creating a collective of them, or rather, the apparent examples are far less intense than the archetype would suggest. i think it's more so a problem where the parameters for the group are so weirdly defined that it's kinda hard to use as a legitimate collection of individuals. it's a weird case where the group that's being described becomes loaded with all sorts of negative connotations that using it in rational discourse becomes really difficult and muddled. the problem is more so that the term "SJW" has come to be inherently dismissive and negative. it doesn't hold weight as a categorisation, it holds weight as a derogation. as a real-world example, think "communist" during the red scare. it was a label used to cause distrust and shoot down ideas rather than as a legitimate means of identification.
you're good at explaining things better than me

why are people upset
I want to make a general assessment of the situation without investing anything.
because a kids show made fun of transgender people

some people have apparently compared it to steven universe because of whatever, but steven universe actually has no bearing whatsoever on this entire situation

because a kids show made fun of transgender people

some people have apparently compared it to steven universe because of whatever, but steven universe actually has no bearing whatsoever on this entire situation

but... why are people upset.

but... why are people upset.
if you were just gonna pretend you don't understand, as your way of telling everyone that you don't think there's anything wrong with making fun of transgender people, then why'd you even ask in the first place?

if you were just gonna pretend you don't understand, as your way of telling everyone that you don't think there's anything wrong with making fun of transgender people, then why'd you even ask in the first place?

these are children's shows

ur a children's show nerdhole

these are children's shows
would that not make it worse to make fun of transgender people? children are impressionable and maybe a kid with dysphoria would start feeling stigmatized by their favorite show.

this is assuming that the episode actually did pass the horse dressing up femininely as a joke or something bad like that, i dont actually know what the contents of the episode are.

why do people get so worked up over shows aimed at six year old girls