Author Topic: I feel sad when I play Blockland.  (Read 4158 times)

Oh for goodness sake people, does no one have the balls to admit that OP does have a point? Yes, gameplay wise, the lack of terrain maps is absolutely negative, at least for me and many other veterans such as Heedicalking, Jorgur and Lalam just to name a few (all 3 of whom wrote well-written posts explaining why terrain and interior maps are important for the quality of gameplay). Terrain maps were a huge source of inspiration for many people including myself, and are vital for things like ground vehicles to be even remotely useful (collision for brick terrain still sucks stuff, dogfight maps generally only work well on terrain due to its size, and building a map that large out of bricks is extremely difficult, and even then it cannot loop).

However, Badspot is right that he doesnt owe us jack stuff when we've logged thousands of hours on a 20-dollar (it was that much back in the day) lego game and then have the audacity to demand even more from him. I dont expect him to do anything for us anymore except moderate the forum and patch occasional loopholes for exploits in the game (although I do beg him for Steam Workshop support, as does a lot of people around here).

However you are very wrong about the player count. It hasnt really changed at all (IIRC Badspot has shared statistics for the Master Server over the years which disproves the "Blockland is dying" theory/mantra as false. It DOES dramatically fluctuate though throughout the day, but thats simply because most of the people that play BL are either old veterans who now are in college or have jobs, or are newbie kids in grade school. Because of these demographics the players online rises and lowers like a massive tide every day, with the biggest "storm surges" happening on weekends.

Link to the statistics, Planr? I need it to shut up some starfishs on Blockland's Steam Discussion pages.

playing blockland makes me sad too because it reminds me that i have no real life friends

I only feel sad when the only populated servers are Tezuni's. I've already played those to death, I only return because I occasionally see forumers on it.

I think OP is about to get banned.

I think OP is about to get banned.

NOEDIT: OP would probably get banned for placing his criticism in Drama, like other people have.

"years since the last update"
last update was like 3 months ago

"years since the last update"
last update was like 3 months ago
But you don't understand!
That update didn't bring us maps v2, or buildable vehicles or movable bricks or hats!!!
It doesn't count that it fixed bugs, and even exploits produced by 3rd party add-ons!

we've become so tuned out of the fact that loving nothing is getting done that we post stuff like this:

Another thread for Badspot's list
go play roblox i hear their population is growing rapidly
we have this argument literally every week

until the op is pressured into saying stuff like:
I'm kinda just bein a lil bitch.

You're tired of seeing these loving topics? Actually loving discuss it then.

But you don't understand!
That update didn't bring us maps v2, or buildable vehicles or movable bricks or hats!!!
It doesn't count that it fixed bugs, and even exploits produced by 3rd party add-ons!
buildable vehicles is already a thing tho

I just don't see why he hasn't implemented workshop support. It'd fill the void left by RTB and revitalize the game. I'd think he's had ample time.