Author Topic: [Print request] 8x Steep Mod-Ter maze bricks.  (Read 2017 times)

So I'm making a random maze generator, as you can see from the title, but at it's largest, the maze can be as large as 300,000 bricks.
Turns out I have a LOT more lee-way with bricks. I had a problem with duplicate bricks that I sorted out. The 300,000 bricks turned into 80.8k bricks.

(that's just the biggest part of the maze I could get to render at once, the thing is freaking huge)

Seems a bit bland, huh?

Well I need YOU, yes you to make me some 8x steep mod-ter prints for things like corn, hedges, whatever.

On a more serious note though, I would appreciate the help. If any clarification is needed, just ask away.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:24:26 AM by Dannu »

the problem is the top, which uses the same texture
I might actually be able to model some but it would be pretty laggy

If you want, just try it your way and see how it works.

I also realized that on an 8x steep the texture would repeat, which is fine for a hedge but a problem for corn

Maybe someone could model an 8x steep sized version with the cap print areas removed?

If there is one, use a half height brick on the top for the corn top and use a print plate or something to show the top of the for. 

If there is one, use a half height brick on the top for the corn top and use a print plate or something to show the top of the for. 
Percisely what I was thinking.

Turns out I have a LOT more lee-way with bricks. I had a problem with duplicate bricks that I sorted out. The 300,000 bricks turned into 80.8k bricks.

Dam son, but isn't that less bricks?
Or are you saying it's good you have such few bricks now?

Dam son, but isn't that less bricks?
Or are you saying it's good you have such few bricks now?
No. He's saying that duplicate bricks were being placed on top of existing bricks. Making the brick count go up, but not looking like there were any more bricks and that it's good that the bug is fixed(I think).

Basically bricks were overlapping in that one weird way, where they exist visually, but not, at the same time. You can see them, but they can't be interacted with (collision). I made the add brick system better.