Author Topic: Computer monitor issues  (Read 709 times)

While I was playing Blockland, on Multiplayer, a lot of lines of red text appeared on the screen (jumbled up, could not read what it was) and then the monitor went to black and then it came back, and it said something restored successfully (i didn't read much of it), and Blockland basically crashed.

Soon after, my monitor went to black again and got a blue screen, but I couldn't see what the issue was or why it got a blue screen because it went away before I could see the reason. So, my computer restarted and it had that 'Windows had a error and needed to restart' screen (black and grey, you know). I just hit 'Launch Windows Normally' (or something like that) and tried to launch Blockland again. When I got in, apparently I had to put in my BL Key again, but while I was looking for the key, I saw several white flashes out of the corner of my eye, and then once I finally found my key, my monitor froze. I had to turn off a switch so I could turn the computer back on.

I already scanned with AVG and Malware Bytes (20 viruses, probably old, but they got removed). I really need help with this...

Any solutions? I'm not touching Blockland until then.
(if this belongs in Help i'll move it there)
(no irony jokes pls)

EDIT: Monitor froze after I posted this, posting from my IPad. Also, monitor showed cyan and red squares all over the monitor. Also, title changed because of this.
UPDATE: Gave the computer to my aunt (another computer wizard, in a sense) after we cleaned the computer due to the dust inside it and she replaced the video card, which was the problem. Apparently it was LOADED with grease, which caused the problems, not the GPU or the fans... So, my computer is going to be moved away from the open doorway to the kitchen (which my computer is right next to) to another place.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:05:01 PM by Blue Screen »

since it has to do with blockland (supposedly), doesnt this belong in help?

sorry I didn't read the op but wanted to make the lame joke before anyone else

Have you been experiencing any blue screens? :cookieMonster:

O stuff I read the op and now I'm laughing since you actually had blue screens

since it has to do with blockland (supposedly), doesnt this belong in help?
Actually, now the monitor froze when I didn't play BL. It just started happening while I was playing BL.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:29:36 PM by Blue Screen »

Is your monitor securely connected to your computer? I used to have a problem where red dots would appear all over my screen but i learned the source of the problem was from my monitor not being connected well enough to my computer.

Is your monitor securely connected to your computer? I used to have a problem where red dots would appear all over my screen but i learned the source of the problem was from my monitor not being connected well enough to my computer.
The monitor is secure in place (we just checked it).

The monitor is secure in place (we just checked it).
The cable connecting it to the computer?

Your avatar is really ironic in this situation

sounds like your gpu is failing or overheating
check the fans and check the connection if its a discrete card

also try another monitor on it and see if that works

sounds like your gpu is failing or overheating
check the fans and check the connection if its a discrete card

also try another monitor on it and see if that works
Alright, I'll try that, also...
Also, my fan started to go REALLY fast...
should i be worried now

Alright, I'll try that, also...should i be worried now
yes that sounds like the gpu is seriously failing
check the contact between the heatsink and the processing unit

Same thing happened when I used to have a desktop, I had to replace the video card.

Same thing happened when I used to have a desktop, I had to replace the video card.
To be more sure, you should hook up the monitor to another computer to ensure that it isn't at fault. If it seems fine then the video card seems most likely.