Author Topic: new doom multiplayer looks pretty generic  (Read 1365 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfe7V-_3r0
looks uninteresting and a little boring, actually. i mean i'm sure it plays okay, but it just seems like a half-hearted and tacked-on multiplayer mode.

Looks at least above average. Though this is fairly limited content compared to what we can expect. This is alpha.

there is absolutely nothing innovative in this and you move at a snails pace

theres a stuffton of other shooters that do multiplayer better than this so why not just play those instead

it looks.....
meh
that's the only way i can describe it. it just seems so lackluster. I don't know.
pretty unrelated but i wonder if any of the newer halo games will get a PC port. if this game reminds me of anything, it's halo, but maybe that's just because of the awkward slow panning of the camera that you would get on a controller. i dont know.

pretty unrelated but i wonder if any of the newer halo games will get a PC port. if this game reminds me of anything, it's halo, but maybe that's just because of the awkward slow panning of the camera that you would get on a controller. i dont know.
i rememner halo 3 and halo reach were added to the steam api and i got hyped AS forget

then they got removed without any explanation whatsoever
meh

speaking of Halo

check out that MJOLNIR power armor in the video

EDIT:

point blank SSG shot

69 damage

are you loving serious
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:06:29 PM by ChexGuy331 »

I hope to god that was reduced by an armor pickup and that it's not just that weak.

Edit: Yeah, looking back especially about the "snails pace" thing, I take my opinion back on this. It has heavy emphasis on pretty much nailing slow moving targets with huge range/explosive weapons.

i rememner halo 3 and halo reach were added to the steam api and i got hyped AS forget

then they got removed without any explanation whatsoever
meh
oh my god that sucks why did you have to tell me that ;_;

best part of the video was the takedowns. other than that i think it's an utter disappointment. not only is it the same arena style as forgetin unreal tournament, but it's just the same weapons as quake, titanfall movement, and absolutely nothing new

i think they're putting all of their creative power into FO4 which i appreciate actually

best part of the video was the takedowns. other than that i think it's an utter disappointment. not only is it the same arena style as forgetin unreal tournament, but it's just the same weapons as quake, titanfall movement, and absolutely nothing new

i think they're putting all of their creative power into FO4 which i appreciate actually
stuff the movement seems to be worse and slower than either titanfall, quake, or unreal tournament, which is where all of the variety and nuance comes from. if you reduce the speed in an arena shooter you better have something to make up for it (sorta like vehicles or shield regen in halo) or it's just going to be very, very bland.

saw some NDA-breaking screenshots
the options screen is loving pathetic lmao

Who plays new doom, Old school doom is best doom

new doom looks boring in general

I don't know stuff about Doom, Quake or Halo but if anyone asked me what game is this without giving me any hints I would think it's a Halo Multiplayer server, the suits, the weapons, the sci-fi scenery, stuff like that reminds me of Halo.