Author Topic: Planr's World Trade Center Model  (Read 7579 times)

Built this on Xedious's Esseker build server this morning when bored. I was wanting to try something different from building scifi stuff for a change, and I've been wanting to do a full-scale WTC build in the future, so I decided building a smaller-scale model of it would be some good practice. It's truly an amazing work of architecture.

This thread may or may not contain a few terrorist jokes but the build itself is not a joke. My condolences go out to all those who have friends/family who died on September 11th (Just don't stuff up this thread with salty tears though please).

Rate 9/11
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:18:13 PM by Planr »

11/9 would fly a plane in it

If you want people to rate you 9/11, then that is like giving you a 1 on a 1-10 scale. And don't hope to get all positive comments on this, because you are stepping into a very emotional area for some people. If you are going to make the world trade center, don't make 9/11 jokes.

i had friends who died in that stuff

And don't hope to get all positive comments on this, because you are stepping into a very emotional area for some people. If you are going to make the world trade center, don't make 9/11 jokes.
Yes, 9/11 was tragic, but there is no harm in joking about it (unless you're an emotionally delicate twat). It's been over 14 years anyway. Time for babies to grow up and stop crying.

I built this just for fun anyways. I want to do a full-scale WTC build in the future too, with a gamemode to go along with it. If that "offends" some people too much then that's fine with me, because they're probably the type of kids I don't want on my server anyway.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:28:54 PM by Planr »

not enough george bush if you ask me.

Yes, 9/11 was tragic, but there is no harm in joking about it (unless you're an emotionally delicate twat). It's been over 14 years anyway. Time for babies to grow up and stop crying.
Are you loving kidding me? Perhaps you have never had any near ____ experiences. I lost my uncle James this stuff, and I was 2 blocks down from it, when it happened. I may not remember it, but I know that I almost died because of it. Maybe you should stop being an oblivious twat that only cares about making a stuffty joke.

not enough george bush if you ask me.
There was a good amount of empty space between the towers on the side opposite the fountain in the ground screenshots, and I was gonna put an American flag there, but I decided I'd put enough effort into the build at this point.

-butthurt-
Do you want some pepper with that salt? Lmfao. If I only cared about making "stuffty jokes" do you really think I'd go to all the trouble to build this?

I lost my favorite uncle to heart disease a few months ago, and my grandfather to esophageal cancer, but I am still perfectly capable of joking about cancer and heart attacks. I get that it sucks your uncle died, and I sympathize, but that was over 14 years ago. People joke about this stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that. Here's the kicker though: No one's forcing you to like it or look at it.

Grow up please.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:50:56 PM by Planr »

Do you want some more pepper with that salt? Lmfao.
Yeah, ok. Nice counter-argument friend.

That's just flaming now. Stop calling people friends you queer.
9/11 was a bad terrorist act but we kicked their asses straight to mars and we can all remember it as when we kicked stuff out of osama bin friend.
I rate this 9/11 but it needs a plane.

If you want people to rate you 9/11, then that is like giving you a 1 on a 1-10 scale. And don't hope to get all positive comments on this, because you are stepping into a very emotional area for some people. If you are going to make the world trade center, don't make 9/11 jokes.
Are you loving kidding me? Perhaps you have never had any near ____ experiences. I lost my uncle James this stuff, and I was 2 blocks down from it, when it happened. I may not remember it, but I know that I almost died because of it. Maybe you should stop being an oblivious twat that only cares about making a stuffty joke.
dragon you're not going to survive on the internet if you get overly aggressive over 9/11 jokes. dial it back a bit, guys.

OT: it looks really good, nice work planr. very simple and still good looking (which i love)

9/11 was tragic, but it happened a decade and a half ago. most people aren't legitimately joking about like they want people who actually lost someone to suffer emotionally, it's just funny coincidental references/memes that are funny in the context
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:56:00 PM by Xealyth »

Do you want some pepper with that salt? Lmfao. If I only cared about making "stuffty jokes" do you really think I'd go to all the trouble to build this?
i liked his argument B)