I need to vent right now + you can too

Author Topic: I need to vent right now + you can too  (Read 1757 times)

I really don't like to vent much, but jesus forget recently has just been a nightmare, this really just started with the home stuff but forget it I guess

HOME
my mother wants to move house again to a place half a mile away from where we currently are, not even a year after coming up here. anyone in their right loving mind would think this is a handicapped idea because it's basically like where we are now, and it's perfect here and it will only get  worse when we make a really pointless move like this because it will just disrupt everything

to give some back story to this, the reasons she wants this house is because my brother moved in there in June, and she thought it was a much nicer house than ours even though it's only slightly cleaner and bigger (probably because they literally just moved into it). after that my brother got divorced in September and is in the process of moving away. she is now seriously thinking of moving into his abandoned house even though we've just settled here and no one wants her to move, not even our neighbours, but no one can stop her really if she does go through with it. this move will also take us further away from my dads house, the reason to come up here was to move closer to him (like literally just across the road from us) so he could visit easier

the reason I, my father or anyone else don't want her to move because the process of moving really stressed us out the last time, especially my dad who did 60% of the work which will end up going to waste. it will also disrupt my school work again and make it even harder for me to get to school since the bus stop will also be half a mile away.

I really want some advice here on what to say to her, even though she is really really ignorant to anyone saying anything against this. I've tried telling her that it's just too stressful to move but she doesn't take me seriously here.

some other nitpicky stuff is that I really wanna go and do some metalwork at home, but then I found out my mother sold loving everything we had that would be perfect to do this.

SCHOOL
school has been horrible in this week alone. I got back after a 2 week break so far it's just not gone well. I lost my physics notebook which had 90% of my notes on electricity, I need that to revise at a later date and not just to write in, I've looked literally everywhere in the school for it and at home.

one of my classes doesn't even have a teacher and it's a class I really want to pass if I'm to learn anything about being an engineer/designer and it's really hard when you can't get through coursework due to not knowing what to do or having nothing to do, but I think I'm managing here.

mathematics is going good but I feel I'm gonna completely fail it, I'm clueless on it and I absolutely need it if I'm gonna be an engineer, so I need to understand it, which I hardly do. although it's only a quarter of the way into the course and all we've been doing is algebra and shapes/volumes and I passed a test by more than half the marks. I don't actually understand it in depth though, which I want to by the end of it and even then I feel the next level is going to kill me.

computing class is a total wreck, database work has been driving me absolutely crazy and it's making me want to just drop the course, I can't begin to describe how loving confusing and stuffty it is to be handed the most tedious task and use the most tedious loving software that is access 2007. also I just passed a test that should've been easy for me on computing systems by 1 mark, and it was just out of pure guessing. it's my fault for not revising but I missed the notice that it was coming because the day that it was announced was the day my bus drove straight past me.

transport is another issue here, and it has been for the entire time I've moved up here. the bus on a few occasions has just drove directly past me and I was forgeted for getting to school because my parents couldn't drive me (don't ask why, they're not logical reasons). that isn't even the worst of it though because these are service busses, not school ones which means they run for other people and then the school. getting home is seriously the most difficult task ever too, I have to take one bus from the school to another bus stop which takes me up home and they're both service busses, if the first bus is late then the other bus can go without me (which it has done once but I've done everything to catch it). well recently the first bus has been doing that every day that I just walked to another bus stop, which was fine in the summer but not now, and since we aren't allowed to wear jackets over this new uniform which is strict af. (my parents also keep btiching at me about this and I wish they would care a little loving less about me getting wet) that brings me onto what happened today

so today the first bus actually arrived on time, I decided I'd go get on it and walked to it, (it's supposed to stop and pick up passengers from the bus stop I get off at by the way) I get on and this stupid cunt, not sure whether he was new but he refused to drive me to where I needed to get off and said this was a paid bus (it wasn't though since we have bus passes that allow us to travel), and to go get a local bus and he said it in the most half assed attitude and sounded really bad mouthed about it, so I got off. except as I was getting off the people who DIDN'T have their passes who were going elsewhere were refused access until enough of them came and he said they would get charged if they didn't bring it. I'm just annoyed cause he did not have to act like such a cunt to everyone holy stuff

tl;dr we're thinking of making a useless house move and I wanna tell my mother no but can't and also school has been a bitch

I'm concious of the fact that I'm also really aggressive on here, and to all my friends on steam. so if it's been either me snapping at you or my long term snapping at you then sorry, whoever you are

I know I'm not having like the absolute worst of luck, not by a long stretch knowing how many of you have lost someone dear to you recently

feel free to rant here too

the air vents in my room aren't very good. like no fresh air gets in there. it pisses me off.

it gets like 90 in my room cause my server and my computer are like little 30000 BTU heaters

For your physics class, ask one of your friends if you can borrow their notebook and copy notes. Do that over a lunch break or two.

For maths, talk to your teacher and explain to them how you're feeling, and if they can help you with extra work you can do and going over things you're unsure of.

For the class without a teacher, complain to your tutor/year-head/headmaster about it. Go and speak to one of them.

don't have much but ill throw out my feels anyway

going back to Australia soon, where I currently am, school just sucks in general. trying to trudge past exams and understanding coursework until the move so I can actually settle down

but I doubt it'll be any fun. I'm going to be really busy when I head home, getting a drivers license, a job, university

our current ages are moments in our life where we have all this stuff to do and so little time to do it

in other news ive also been showing "signs" of depression, generally tired who-gives-a-stuff attitude, however I don't "feel" depressed in any way and it makes me wonder. Is it just my personality or am I denying depression?

my family is apparently vegetarian now because processed meat gives you cancer. i miss meat ...
and i'm not allowed to use sharpies anymore because i "ruined" a drawing that i did by putting the date in the wrong place.
so that sucks

For your physics class, ask one of your friends if you can borrow their notebook and copy notes. Do that over a lunch break or two.

For maths, talk to your teacher and explain to them how you're feeling, and if they can help you with extra work you can do and going over things you're unsure of.

For the class without a teacher, complain to your tutor/year-head/headmaster about it. Go and speak to one of them.
oh god I forgot to mention a lot of things

I don't wanna explain the friends situation but basically I can't get a hold of any of their notebooks, I can maybe ask for a unit book and copy the needed things from it though

maths, I've been doing everything you mentioned + more in maths and it's how I passed the test which I'm pretty pleased on, but it's also kind of demoralizing me how other people, some younger than me, know the stuff that I don't (like algebra and graph plotting and stuff), I never really started public school again until the beginning of 2014 and was put smack in the middle of the year (which was 9th grade iirc)

the class without a teacher can't be helped much, I've gone to other teachers and asked them if they would come give us a hand but they teach other classes. my teacher has got kidney problems and comes in every so often, and we only have substitute teachers who don't know a single thing about the course

going back to Australia soon, where I currently am, school just sucks in general. trying to trudge past exams and understanding coursework until the move so I can actually settle down

but I doubt it'll be any fun. I'm going to be really busy when I head home, getting a drivers license, a job, university

our current ages are moments in our life where we have all this stuff to do and so little time to do it

in other news ive also been showing "signs" of depression, generally tired who-gives-a-stuff attitude, however I don't "feel" depressed in any way and it makes me wonder. Is it just my personality or am I denying depression?
I know how that feels, kind of. I've been worrying so much about my careers and university that I actually went to the schools careers advisor and talked for a good hour and a half to her about what I want to do, it's not exactly clear yet though and the amount of time I have left at high school leaves no room for mistakes.

also have you spoken to a doctor about your mental health? if you ask me you're pretty easy going and laid back
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:15:19 PM by Maxwell. »

the class without a teacher can't be helped much, I've gone to other teachers and asked them if they would come give us a hand but they teach other classes. my teacher has got kidney problems and comes in every so often, and we only have substitute teachers who don't know a single thing about the course
this so loving much, rant ahead

For modern studies I had 2 good teachers and the class I was fine with, we got work done fine while having fun. Then one day one of the teachers introduces us to an african teacher. I'm not going to be all tribal Hull Kogan style but jesus christ he can hardly speak. As soon as we got him he moved us from Poor countries and rich countries to Malawi and how it's connected to Scotland. WHY IS A COUNTRY IN AFRICA ASSOCIATED WITH SOMEWHERE IN THE UK? He makes us copy page upon page because "we'll need it" although we never did need it and currently we're watching a documentary or some stuff and he's telling us to take notes because we'll need it for a test. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not. Also in class this one time he spent the entire lesson around this task that should take 5 minutes, you were supposed to discuss reasons why places are poor (don't know why we had to change topics if we're just going to discuss the same thing) so we're discussing it and he pulls us up for talking then keeps us behind (this was the period before lunch and he kept us behind for around 10 minutes) and he ALWAYS refers people, no warning. If someone is talking or not doing the work and they're warned multiple times then someone else starts going off topic for a little bit then both will get a referral. He says he's from London but forget that he's probably is from Malawi.

I can relate to Hulk Hogan right now.

I made tea this morning and let it steep for a while, but when I got back to it I realized I hadn't turned the heat on. :(

this so loving much, rant ahead

For modern studies I had 2 good teachers and the class I was fine with, we got work done fine while having fun. Then one day one of the teachers introduces us to an african teacher. I'm not going to be all tribal Hull Kogan style but jesus christ he can hardly speak. As soon as we got him he moved us from Poor countries and rich countries to Malawi and how it's connected to Scotland. WHY IS A COUNTRY IN AFRICA ASSOCIATED WITH SOMEWHERE IN THE UK? He makes us copy page upon page because "we'll need it" although we never did need it and currently we're watching a documentary or some stuff and he's telling us to take notes because we'll need it for a test. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not. Also in class this one time he spent the entire lesson around this task that should take 5 minutes, you were supposed to discuss reasons why places are poor (don't know why we had to change topics if we're just going to discuss the same thing) so we're discussing it and he pulls us up for talking then keeps us behind (this was the period before lunch and he kept us behind for around 10 minutes) and he ALWAYS refers people, no warning. If someone is talking or not doing the work and they're warned multiple times then someone else starts going off topic for a little bit then both will get a referral. He says he's from London but forget that he's probably is from Malawi.

I can relate to Hulk Hogan right now.
I feel like I should've taken modern studies as a class, I take it you also know what national 5s and highers are?

also coincidentally enough, we get a black sub teacher in the non teacher class most of the time, but he's from a french colony, I can tell because he spoke nothing but french once in our english class while that teacher was away + the accent, it weirded everyone out though

I feel like I should've taken modern studies as a class, I take it you also know what national 5s and highers are?
yeah im familiar with the system

if you want to release all of that anger, and if you have an IPad or IPhone, try getting one of those Kick the Buddy/Buddyman Kick games
or thats at least what they want you to think they're for, anyways
or get a spare pillow and draw a smiley or frowney face on it and beat it senseless

either way, do like those guys in my elementary years told us what to do with drugs (unrelated but this might work) for your mother-wanting-to-move-somewhere
JUST SAY NOOOOOOOOOOO
or make a petition, see if that works
and for your missing notebook, ask around if anyone's seen it. or either the custodians threw away the notebook if they didn't look hard enough, but just ask around
maybe retrace your steps

I'm not a violent person, I hate the thought of even breaking or harming anything even if I didn't mean it
also I'm not really angry, at least not angry enough to see any point in doing that

I asked about the notebook in physics and the last place I thought I maybe dropped it, no luck

I had two different nectar vouchers for sainsburys, that needed me to buy some soap and cosmetic products (face-wipes, moisturiser, etc..), and I'd get 100 and 150 points for spending a about 7 quid.
So I incorporated it into my shop, and I had both of the vouchers with me in the aisle as I was checking them to make sure I was getting applicable items.

Anyway, I get to the checkout, and I managed to lose the bloody 100 point voucher, inside the actual shop.
I was so annoyed with myself.

So annoying, since they're the best way to earn nectar points.
You only get 1 point for each £1 spent, and you can only cash them in £2.50 installments, which are 500 points.
In other words, it costs £500 to get £2.50 off. So, my missing 100 points was saving me £100 in spending.

it gets like 90 in my room cause my server and my computer are like little 30000 BTU heaters
it sucks doesn't it
i have no airflow in my room so all the outtake heat just kinda stays there

really nice during the winter tho