2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972

Author Topic: 2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972  (Read 80462 times)

anyone getting runtime errors while hosting?
I have been trying to host my new server and I had 3 runtime errors in one day.  I tried hosting again today and I got another one about 5 minutes into hosting.  I am not hosting until it is fixed because I simply can't keep a server up for more than 30 minutes.

Support_Player_Persistence appears to be causing my own client - and no one else in my dedicated server to stop loading datablocks at a specific point.

I can manage to load into my gamemode if I start it up directly as a non-dedicated, but as a dedicated; if Player Persistence is currently active, my client stops loading a little after the center point of loading datablocks.

Everyone else manages to load into the gamemode fine and all other add-ons / code executed by the gamemode is purely default.

EDIT: Don't really know what happened now, first it was that my server wouldn't run with player persistence, then brick_large_cubes; deleting both and allowing them to redownload seems to have fixed the issue for now...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:02:42 PM by siba² »

im gonna come right out and say load freezing has gotten worst to the point where i have to join servers 10 to 30 times to finally get to datablocks, and then another 20 times through datablocks. because im rejoining so often its looking really suspicious and eventually i stop trying because i dont want to piss anyone off with my connecting

just as a quick note to people out there: i haven't updated my client (since i almost always use a no-launcher .bat) but have no issues joining or hosting servers that others can join. if anyone wants a copy of the old Blockland application for testing/reversion purposes, PM me. I can also provide the no-launcher and no-launcher-Dedicated .bat I use.

i'm not sure if posting a download link here would get me banned, so that's why i'm not just up and posting the links here.

I'm pretty sure that the new download freeze issue stems from the server trying to send packets at a rate that either the server OR client's network cannot handle (It seems to max at about 3Mb/s, so in other words if the server or client can't cough up at least 3Mb/s, it's likely to freeze). A packet fails to get sent due to this and the load freezes. If this is the case, the client version won't matter. It could potentially help people hosting from a slow internet connection, though. Hopefully Badspot will add a speed limiter of some sort.

well that sucks because i get roughly 350kb/s

I really don't get why this was made without options to limit it or automatic adjustment of packet rate.

Kind of like how $pref::net:: are useless

I really don't get why this was made without options to limit it or automatic adjustment of packet rate.
This seems intuitive enough.

Or if the huge packet doesn't send, send smaller packets until if works, and then change packet size automatically by network speed.

This seems intuitive enough.

Or if the huge packet doesn't send, send smaller packets until if works, and then change packet size automatically by network speed.
that's what zeblote's superload did. badspot apparently implemented his own version of it.

I cannot currently host a dedicated due to freezing on loading datablocks that I did not have previous to the update :s

So probably the same issue as the above posters.

isnt that what network options are for?

isnt that what network options are for?
They are completely ignored now. It will keep dumping packets at your client until you have less than 200 ghost updates.

TL;DR: SuperLoad worked, this doesn't.

Unless you have a fibre connection like me. Or Badspot, one would assume. But most people don't have those yet.
So it sucks.