2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972

Author Topic: 2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972  (Read 80479 times)

TL;DR: SuperLoad worked, this doesn't.

Unless you have a fibre connection like me. Or Badspot, one would assume. But most people don't have those yet.
So it sucks.
Superload would cause the same issues actually, but you could disable/not use that if your server doesn't support it. You can't disable this.

Superload would cause the same issues actually, but you could disable/not use that if your server doesn't support it. You can't disable this.
Ah, okay.

Yeah, people keep having to constantly leave and rejoin my server in order to load, or their download freezes. Didn't really happen before the update.

I am receiving a runtime error- r6025 pure virtual function call on my server and as well as on other ones I host. This happens on my VPS as well as local, with and without RTB. I would appreciate if this was addressed and identified. Numerous people in both this topic and on my server have stated they have the problem as well. I will try to obtain a console log, but the last thing it said was "Issuing disconnect packet" so I'm guessing this might have something to do with the change in the packet system.

Those getting the pure virtual call error should report the address where it happens (this can be done with a debugger like ollydbg)

If this were the actual crash scenario we are trying to track down, what information on OllyDgb is actually what we're looking for?

-snip-
If this were the actual crash scenario we are trying to track down, what information on OllyDgb is actually what we're looking for?
ollydbg automatically jumps to ntdll upon attaching, you would probably need to look for it. i'm creating an azure vm atm so i can test this

According to Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/125749
R6025 occurs when a application indirectly calls a pure virtual member function in a context where a call to the function is not valid. In most cases, the compiler detects this and reports the error when building the application. But depending on how your code is written, sometimes the problem is detected only at run-time.

The error occurs when the application indirectly call a pure virtual function within the context of a call to the constructor or destructor of an abstract base class.

So what it looks like, Badspot is calling a function that doesn't exist at all
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:34:42 PM by Kyuande »

the download freezes so much that i keep getting banned from servers because i kept rejoining

the download freezes so much that i keep getting banned from servers because i kept rejoining
I have only had this problem on one server (so far) and I believe it was Kong's death race.

I have only had this problem on one server (so far) and I believe it was Kong's death race.
That problem happens to me on almost every servers

The connection sound over and over was annoying me.

1) Not sure why this is happening, but every time I set my FOV to 120, and go into 3rd person, it reverts to 75. I've pressed apply, then done multiple times, and sometimes it's reverted even before having closed the settings window.

2) I've been having many download freezes too on servers.

1) Not sure why this is happening, but every time I set my FOV to 120, and go into 3rd person, it reverts to 75. I've pressed apply, then done multiple times, and sometimes it's reverted even before having closed the settings window.

2) I've been having many download freezes too on servers.

Because playertypes revert back to their set FOV and third person happens to have a FOV to 75. That's not an issue or anything.

Because playertypes revert back to their set FOV and third person happens to have a FOV to 75. That's not an issue or anything.
Well today, I went on another server, and the FOV worked, and I was able to have a larger FOV when in 3rd person...

Well today, I went on another server, and the FOV worked, and I was able to have a larger FOV when in 3rd person...

Well I have anti FOV mods to prevent what you're doing.