2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972

Author Topic: 2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972  (Read 80468 times)

I'll get right on that as soon as anyone gives me any kind of information to work with whatsoever.  I can't track down ghost stories about random crashes that happen while running 400 mods in a linux virtual machine while injecting DLLs.
AUTHCHECK: Engineer.Avi = internet client -> internet server, regular auth
Auth Continue Successfull: Engineer.Avi
AUTHCHECK: Whitey Bulger = internet client -> internet server, regular auth
Auth Continue Successfull: Whitey Bulger
Engineer.Avi: XD
AUTHCHECK: wildwill = internet client -> internet server, regular auth
Auth Continue Successfull: wildwill
nuLily: lol
Client 330252 disconnected.
Issuing Disconnect packet.
CDROP: 330252 - amper§and - 74.209.19.55:50411
This is the last things that happened to my server as well as a couple of friends'. The message of amper§and leaving the server never appeared in the chat, so I am guessing that the function call is related to someone leaving the server and it occurs before the disconnect message appears. I tried running a debug program but it didn't leave a log or a dump or anything, so I will try doing it again. This isn't a fringe issue, I have experienced/talked to other players who's servers have this issue as well.

can you fix iconShots not being a default directory
This

Please :c

This is the last things that happened to my server as well as a couple of friends'. The message of amper§and leaving the server never appeared in the chat, so I am guessing that the function call is related to someone leaving the server and it occurs before the disconnect message appears. I tried running a debug program but it didn't leave a log or a dump or anything, so I will try doing it again. This isn't a fringe issue, I have experienced/talked to other players who's servers have this issue as well.

Based on what's happening with my server, the error happens only while someone is currently loading. Every time it crashed it was a few seconds after a "[random person] connected" message.

can you fix iconShots not being a default directory

Add /shaders aswell.

Based on what's happening with my server, the error happens only while someone is currently loading.
i figured loading had to do with something because on csp's server (which relies heavily on downloading music) has a lot of runtime errors

Half of the servers I try to join get stuck at 'Downloading File Manifest.' Any idea how to fix this?

Half of the servers I try to join get stuck at 'Downloading File Manifest.' Any idea how to fix this?
everyone has been getting this problem, especially people with low end internet like me

On the other hand, if both you and the server have at least 3MB/s to spare then it's almost guaranteed to never freeze (and is super fast which is a giant improvement). Badspot just needs to implement a speed limiter on the new networking.

Another thing that should be fixed is not being able to focus on players or bots with the DOF screenshots, which has been a thing ever since the shadows and shaders update

Another thing that should be fixed is not being able to focus on players or bots with the DOF screenshots, which has been a thing ever since the shadows and shaders update
I think that may have actually been introduced by Badspot blocking the clientside detection of players in torquescript.

I think that may have actually been introduced by Badspot blocking the clientside detection of players in torquescript.
Wasn't even aware that was a thing that happened, dang, does that mean it can't be brought back with some kind of a workaround?

Wasn't even aware that was a thing that happened, dang, does that mean it can't be brought back with some kind of a workaround?
Any workaround for that is a workaround for people seeking to exploit it.

Not sure how that's in any way related, dof screenshots are not created in torkscript. You just call engine function which does a raycast to find the point it's supposed to focus on.

Not sure how that's in any way related, dof screenshots are not created in torkscript. You just call engine function which does a raycast to find the point it's supposed to focus on.

I was speaking in context of what Pecon said of it being caused by torquescript-sided blocking of player detection.