Author Topic: James' House(s) -- large-scale 16x16!!  (Read 2720 times)

THIS NEXT HOUSE IS MY FAVORITE
I built a large-scale replica of my original 16x16 house that I've built a million times. the dimensions of the original house were quadrupled to the best of my ability, yet it's apparent that the roof is not exact, nor are the windows. I actually made a wild guess when doing the roof tiles, yet it turned out very well despite its dissimilarity to the original. it's also a very spammy 5094 bricks, but I guess that makes mini-nuking it more fun

in commemoration of this huge achievement, here's another one of my achievements

*earlier post*
for my third house I used a few add-ons after starting the build in meadow's server (thank you for inspiration meadow):

I don't intend to make super-realistic houses, this was mostly me experimenting with a different style of building. I also didn't put much effort into this one as it has one floor and no rooms

*original post*
Recently I made a house out of default bricks, different from the same old house I always make. This is my first attempt at making a more life-like house:

The windows and window panes are obviously ugly, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make it look better while using default bricks (preferably not just using the 1x4x5 windows). Compared to my other house which I've built like a million times, how's this one?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:19:22 PM by MikkelDude »

Try to get as little lines as possible for windows as you can (usually a single large brick is the best way to do it)
It also usually looks better if you use indented plate/1x bricks for garage doors

Otherwise looks pretty good, you cant really go far with default bricks and colours im impressed

Nice build dude! I'm not even good at building and this is amazing. My best creation is a house with 32x32 base, 1x5 tall bricks as walls and a 32x32 base for a roof. My building sucks. I'm impressed my this build! Nice job :)

Try to get as little lines as possible for windows as you can (usually a single large brick is the best way to do it)
It also usually looks better if you use indented plate/1x bricks for garage doors

Otherwise looks pretty good, you cant really go far with default bricks and colours im impressed

I might end up using non-default bricks anyway
thank you for your input

Nice build dude! I'm not even good at building and this is amazing. My best creation is a house with 32x32 base, 1x5 tall bricks as walls and a 32x32 base for a roof. My building sucks. I'm impressed my this build! Nice job :)

thank you as well

This looks really nice.

I love this! Makes me think of the time when houses didn't need to look super realistic and use 20 different addons in order to be considered "good"...

This looks really nice.
I love this! Makes me think of the time when houses didn't need to look super realistic and use 20 different addons in order to be considered "good"...

thank you both

Very nice and sturdy looking style, absolutely second Mr Man. I suggest changing the color to something more natural and less neon blue. Also, if you pearl FX the windows they'll look a lot better.

Very nice and sturdy looking style, absolutely second Mr Man. I suggest changing the color to something more natural and less neon blue. Also, if you pearl FX the windows they'll look a lot better.

the color was from the default colorset, and I'll consider using pearl fx on the windows
thank you

New house looks like a definite improvement from the first, would love to see more pics as you keep getting better

that large door is on point

Now make another house covering that house. And another house in covering the previous house.

that large door is on point

thanks
it took me forever to realize that the darker shade color was already in the colorset I was using

i thought you built a normal-sized house out of plates for a sec