Author Topic: how do i emulate windows in linux  (Read 5590 times)

Uninstall Linux and install Windows

You are now using a superior OS

god you are loving handicapped

Sorry this is off topic, but I'd like to ask what distro that is and how much ram it uses. It looks nice.

Also, guys stop feeding the troll (Molten) it's not like he CHOSE to be stupid and said that without thinking.

also why dont you use another VM like vmware

i could help u with that since i use it every day for windows xp

Sorry this is off topic, but I'd like to ask what distro that is and how much ram it uses. It looks nice.
its linux so its low resources
elementary OS
i buffed its looks a lot, using elementary tweaks and numix desktop, along with the launcher editor

also why dont you use another VM like vmware

i could help u with that since i use it every day for windows xp
if i cant get this one to work i will use that

[im g width=900]http://i.imgur.com/So4XNYO.png[/img]

yeah you see the little icon next to "Floppy Device 0"? click that and then choose "Choose Virtual Floppy Disk File"

after that you select the .img file for 95, since i just remembered that OS doesnt come in an iso. im assuming its an img

Oh Elementary? Darn I've used that and I ran into stability issues on my laptop, other than that it did run what I told it to run fine other than the occasional freeze.

yeah you see the little icon next to "Floppy Device 0"? click that and then choose "Choose Virtual Floppy Disk File"

after that you select the .img file for 95, since i just remembered that OS doesnt come in an iso. im assuming its an img
the only options on that dropdown is "Floppy Device 1" and "Floppy Device 0"
also when i browse with the button to the right, it leads me to an empty folder :/

http://unetbootin.github.io/

If you're looking to get a Windows USB try this
it's for linux and is similar to rufus

http://unetbootin.github.io/

If you're looking to get a Windows USB try this
it's for linux and is similar to rufus
Don't think he's looking to run Windows on a USB, looking to get it going on virtualbox.

also when i browse with the button to the right, it leads me to an empty folder :/
browse to the image file and select it...

browse to the image file and select it...
what image file?
where?

the only options on that dropdown is "Floppy Device 1" and "Floppy Device 0"

???

what image file?
where?
did you not download the operating system?

???
thats what i was talking about with:

"also when i browse with the button to the right, it leads me to an empty folder :/ "

did you not download the operating system?
i asked if i needed to do that and pch said no

i asked if i needed to do that and pch said no

well wait what do you mean, of course you need an iso or img file of the OS. the way a VM works is initially you boot it with either a physical disk or USB containing installation media for the OS, or you have a digital iso or img file containing installation media for the OS and you select that in the settings to boot with.

since you don't have a physical disk of win95, you'll need an img file of it. that menu i was just talking about is where you're supposed to navigate to the directory where the img file you have for win95 is