Author Topic: Mars Colony RP - "Exodus" (WIP Topic) DEV SERVER (not) OPEN  (Read 1806 times)

Trust no one and do not hesitate to shoot. There are no friends in survival.
[Exodus - Mars Colony]

Exodus is a mixture of roleplaying, survival and exploration. Set after a devastating plague wipes out half of North America in 2055, American tourists were rounded up in internment camps around the UK in an attempt to quarantine any potential outbreaks. Between harsh living conditions and harsh treatment from the captors, a group of Americans prisoners successfully hijacked a shuttle, and set course for a large mars colony. After crash-landing on the surface of mars with the stolen British transport shuttle, the group takes shelter in an abandoned mars colony-turned mining facility, where they have to brave the elements and the environment to survive.

Admins list:
IkeTheGeneric - Host and creator
Mini/Swat3 - Loremaker and super admin
Kobewarrior - He gave me cool models
Nal - Spiritual guidance
McTbone - Light fixture enthusiast and super admin
Momentum - Huge monday from the bronx

In it's current state, I'm opening the server for most development of the build for others to see. The general idea is that the server acts sort of like space station 13 in that the environment is highly interactable, leaving room for you to take up your own role in the server. The goal is to get means to defend yourself, set up a survivable safe area and make friends with people who don't want to murder you on sight, all the while the environment is trying it's best to kill you. Right now, the rule is that if you run out of lives, you have to change your roleplay name and role before you're revived. To offset the danger, there will be cloning stations that allow you to gain an extra life, or extra clone. The downside is that anyone with a weapon is allowed to attack and kill you.

The main theme of the server is horror and sci-fi. There will be scary or horrifying things on this server. I'm aiming for more psychological horror, but there will be a few jump scares for the faint of heart and many other things that could end up scaring you. This isn't a friendly server, nothing in the colony wants you to be alive.

Weapons and ammo will be scarce and limited, and will be handed out as rewards for performing tasks or being a major part of events. Dropped items to not disappear, bodies will be lootable and there will be storage containers strewn around the build. Laser-based weaponry will have unlimited ammunition but have low damage. I'm currently learning how to model so I can make a plethora of craftable makeshift melee weapons and ranged weapons that will be able to be crafted from scavenged parts around the station. The crafting system will be set up so you can craft weapons, ammunition, food and buff items, possibly even bombs and molotov roostertails.

Almost the whole colony is connected together, and the surface of mars will be fully explorable (provided you don't run out of air). You can expect a high brickcount, but I will also be releasing the entire save and it's required add-ons after a bit of playtime, possibly even a packaged deathmatch gamemode. The way the server is set up, you will be able to communicate with localchat by whispering, talking and yelling. In order to communicate to everyone, you need a radio, which only receives and transmits messages when you're holding it out. Events and other happenings will not be broadcasted, setting it up so you have to explore the colony, become familiar with your surroundings and get used to the radio to keep up with server events.

If you want to help administrate this server, fill out this admin application form and post it in the topic. If I feel you would make a good addition to the team, I'll PM you with the details. Please answer honestly and briefly. This is a casual application rather than a formal one, so there's no need to put too much effort into it. Alternatively, you could just ask for admin and I might consider it depending on if I know and trust you.

As a parting message, I am taking suggestions and requests. I can't improve my server if I don't have community feedback, and you guys probably come up with better ideas than I do, so I'd love to see what you guys can suggest or critique.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:46:15 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

reserved in case first post gets too long

This looks AWESOME! Can't wait to play it!

Got a bit of confusion on what the server's about when explaining it to people, so I'll basically explain it here as brief as possible -

This server will be a survival horror roleplay with cues taken from space station 13. There will be no clear goal to everyone and minimal rules. I've taken steps to prevent people from knowing who the other players are and to create a feeling of isolation. This isn't going to be your typical roleplay server, either.

Another game added to the hype list.
Also one quick question.
Is there going to be a building system?

Another game added to the hype list.
Also one quick question.
Is there going to be a building system?

Maybe on the surface, maybe you'll just be able to build anywhere you want so long as you have building materials. It depends on how things work out

Just saying now, the surface will be fully explorable and there will be landmarks to find. Later on you'll be able to fix up a couple buggies to help you get around with the oxygen issue, and there might possibly be other colonies to explore in the future

Looks pretty good.  May check in soon.  I recommend this.

Looks pretty good.  May check in soon.  I recommend this.

Thanks for the recommendation. I already have a long list of sounds and loops but I'll check em out

you should use zone bricks so that if you leave an oxygen area you have to be wearing a helmet or something

Could you add a status thing to the OP to let us know if the server is up or not?

Could you add a status thing to the OP to let us know if the server is up or not?

I'll change the topic name when I'm hosting and post to bump it if needed

Tomorrow I'm planning on beginning work on the upper areas, starting with the surface. Dunno how much I'm going to get done considering how I have no idea how to approach oxygen, but I'm sure I'll think of something