Reds
6 (28.6%)
Blacks
1 (4.8%)
Browns
5 (23.8%)
Blues
6 (28.6%)
Other (green, clear, buckling springs, etc)
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Looking for a low priced Wacom Intuos CTL-480 (check op)  (Read 1146 times)

old stuff
Browser crashed while typing this topic on phone, too lazy to redo it all so gonna do it in tl;dr form

I play a rhythm game called osu!, and I want to buy the optimal switch for this game, while at the same time, optimal for myself. Example of a high bpm map w/ singletaping that is similar to what I play.

Reference for those who don't know about these Cherry MX switches

Ive been leaning towards black switches (60g actuation force), heavier version of reds (45g). I leaned towards these because theyre a fair bit heavier than reds, and the switches are stiffer, meaning they go back to their reset point faster. Because they are stiffer, theoretically there should be a lesser margin of error for accidental presses. Downside is theyre heavier, and may affect stamina. Eventually, I may get used to them though, which would also mean reds would theoretically be the best since they are: linear, the lightest switch, and have the actuation point close to the reset/bottom(?). This is my first time purchasing a mechanical keyboard so reds may be a choice later on once I get used to how mechanical keyboards feel. Yes, I know half of it is mainly personal preference, but I never tried mechanical switches on osu before
(?) someone correct me on the part with the actuation point if they know,

Preparing for Black Friday / Cyber Monday by looking for a wacom intuos graphics tablet that im going to be using for osu! and design in the future. I need help lookin for the CTL480 wacom intuos tablet and currently this is one I can find online and ill prob look more when im back in the states:
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Tablet-CTL480-Version/dp/B00EN27TCI?th=0#

Do you guys have any go-to websites for design-related tools and stuff?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:30:02 AM by Jonathant1 »

i really can't understand who would favor what a keyboard feels like over the fact that it can wake up everyone in the house just by typing

i really can't understand who would favor what a keyboard feels like over the fact that it can wake up everyone in the house just by typing
lol pretty much, but sometimes having some sort of tactile bump helps with knowing when you pressed a key is helpful

EDIT: a bump would help a little with keeping a steady beat on streams, but imo I think it would generally be a nuisance for someone who bottom out keys like me
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:15:02 PM by Jonathant1 »

TBH any keyboard goes for me, regardless of switch, unless
A.) It's legitimately terrible
B.) It's one of those terrible touch keyboards
c.) It has some sort of lag to it

EDIT: looked up keyboard switch types and got this

what
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:13:57 PM by AtlasBlue »

i use a razer blackwidow tournament but ive been meaning to get something like a corsair k65 with red switches

I use... Membranes/rubber dome.

If i ever get a new keyboard it probably will be reds or blacks. Maybe blues.

I use... Membranes/rubber dome.

If i ever get a new keyboard it probably will be reds or blacks. Maybe blues.

Same I would get blues, but since osu! is one of my main games, probably will go with reds/blacks

Browns, which came with the G710+. They work fine enough for me not to switch them.

brown for the past month or so, used to use blues

i'd use red because i can't really make too much noise as everyone in my house is mostly sleeping 24/7
that isn't the case for most people though i think
i wouldn't know though i've been stuck with rubber domes all my life

forget all y'all and your new keyboards, IBM model M FTW.

No legit though the IBM model M is what I use, buckling spring keyboards are amazing.

browns with orings

i want to get a pok3r with blues though sometime

edit: also you might want to purchase a switch tester from somewhere like here (you also get to try out clear and green, its hard to find those). personally, i haate blacks. they just feel like rubber domes to me. reds are like typing on a cloud.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:28:25 PM by Flush535 »

ok, looked for cherry mx black keyboards and theyre not easy to come by on amazon or newegg, unless its because im in asia and ill wait til I travel back to the US. I may end up buying a mechanical keyboard w/ cherry mx reds. Thank god the osu store has the option for cherry mx blacks, as I may just get the 'nono' keyboard and review it here for fun

edit: also you might want to purchase a switch tester from somewhere like here

The stores in asia here usually have keyboards on display so people can just try them out, which is pretty much what I did
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:54:02 PM by Jonathant1 »