Four Basic Blockland Questions

Author Topic: Four Basic Blockland Questions  (Read 796 times)

/title
So I have a few questions and instead of slamming them all over the place I made this topic.
1. Does Blockland run faster on Windows XP? Because Windows XP is talked about a lot when configing the game*
2. Is it possible to change the dxlevel on Steam Blockland?
This is a question for the forums: 3. Can someone tell me what all the terms mean such as ~reserved~, OC, and ect.
4. What tools are good for making models for vehicle addons?

Thanks to those who answer my burning questions.

*if it had a regular graphics card regular graphics card
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:30:19 PM by Luigi609² »

no

no (and besides, blockland doesn't run on source)

'reserved' is just placeholder text for a topic that the original poster ('OP') expects to be too large to fit into one post, and will be replaced with actual text once the first post overflows; that said, most people who reserve posts are getting ahead of themselves and are unlikely to ever even reach the character (IE: letters, numbers) limit on a single post

'OC' means 'original character', as in a fictional character that somebody took the time to make up, as opposed to lifting them from another existing piece of fiction for instance. the forum's general opinion of OCs (assuming i'm not out-of-date) is basically that they're all just self indulgent

milkshape 3d is what i use but i know for a fact most people use either blender or google sketchup

1. Does Blockland run faster on Windows XP?*

I will forever wonder what this asterisk indicates.

Regarding modeling tools, I use Blender and I am under the impression (by other people who have experience with milkshape and blender) it's more difficult to learn, but once you figure it out, allows you to do more things easily (like animations). But then, I have never used milkshape myself. Blender uses a lot of keybinds, so if you're good at remembering control schemes, you might like it better.

I was wondering what oc meant too. Knew it was some sort of imaginary friend but not much else besides that.

Regarding modeling tools, I use Blender and I am under the impression (by other people who have experience with milkshape and blender) it's more difficult to learn, but once you figure it out, allows you to do more things easily (like animations)
I only briefly experimented with modeling, but this is the case
Milkshape is intended for low poly stuff, as such you won't get much out of it beyond models for basic games like Blockland, whereas Blender can be/has been used for large professional films

'OC' means 'original character', as in a fictional character that somebody took the time to make up, as opposed to lifting them from another existing piece of fiction for instance. the forum's general opinion of OCs (assuming i'm not out-of-date) is basically that they're all just self indulgent

milkshape 3d is what i use but i know for a fact most people use either blender or google sketchup
OC can also mean original content

I will forever wonder what this asterisk indicates.
Yeah I was in a hurry this morning.

The reason XP is referenced a lot is because XP was the current OS when the game was made

"this is oc" = "this is original content"

"this is my oc" = "this is my original character"

in most cases