Author Topic: I got four old Desktop computers, what do I do now?  (Read 1344 times)

My boss gave me a bunch of old computers that he had lying around.

I already used two of them. One's a web server and the other one is a Minecraft server. (My cousins wouldn't shut up about making a Minecraft server so I decided to just give them what they want) They're both running Debian 8.

The two unused ones aren't that impressive. They were both shipped with Windows XP to give you an idea of how old they are. One thing that stands out is that one of them has a 1TB hard drive. They both have 4GB of ram. Neither one has an OS currently installed because they were wiped to protect client data that was on them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Host source servers?

As in Garry's Mod, csgo, tf2 etc...

use the remaining 2 computers to host 2-3 blockland servers on them each and charge people like 2 bucks a month

give me them
sell them for slightly inflated prices

Idk about more game servers. I feel like that would just be a waste. Especially with that 1TB drive.
Maybe I'll host BL in the future, but I don't play enough source games to want to host any of them.

give me them
sell them for slightly inflated prices
Haha, if they could be sold I'm sure my boss would have gotten rid of them way sooner.

Try to take them apart, see if there are any good PC parts that are compatible with your computer, like RAM

Host a BLF TF2 server on the 1TB sized one. We have a LOT of TF2 players here. Plus, even though you don't play em', it'd make us real happy.

Haha, if they could be sold I'm sure my boss would have gotten rid of them way sooner.
I'm sure the hard drive is worth something
Host a BLF TF2 server on the 1TB sized one. We have a LOT of TF2 players here. Plus, even though you don't play em', it'd make us real happy.
but this sounds nice too because I hate everyone and have too many hours on sniper

but then again he says he doesn't really play source games

Why would tf2 require that much space?

Why would tf2 require that much space?

TF2 is a game that has lots of updates.
Plus, maps, mods, also take up quite a bit of space as well.

install gentoo

:cookieMonster:
forget that. I don't have time to compile all that stuff.

TF2 is a game that has lots of updates.
Plus, maps, mods, also take up quite a bit of space as well.
I don't think it will use anywhere near 1TB of data.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:28:05 PM by blueblur121 »

Plus, more space = a bit faster than it would be filled/with low space.

my question is what does use that much
I don't think hosting any sort of server is gonna use that much data