Author Topic: [Server] Secondary Melee v4.0.3  (Read 8473 times)

Secondary Melee
Version 4.0.3

+Right click (jet keybind) to punch people/bots a short distance away from you and do minimal damage, can punch multiple targets in front of you at once
+Push distance and damage is dependant on your current distance from your target and how close to your crosshair they are
+Punch charge system, repeatedly punching several times makes future punches slower
+Punching someone cools down your punches slightly faster
+Punching air makes your punches take longer to recharge
+Every 5 seconds if you get a two punches combo on someone you will be able to slap them which hits them 30% further
+Punch and slap sound
+If you would rather use it as an item an item is added called Secondary Melee and is independent of the melee enable pref
+Includes a keybind so players with the mod can map the melee to whatever key they want
+2 Punch swinging sounds
+Punch explosion effects
+CI

Coders:
To disable melee on an item add disableMelee = true; into your item/image datablock

PreferenceDefault     Description
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeMode1Whether it is enabled/disabled in minigames (set it to 2 to make it enabled out of minigames)
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeDamage5The damage done on each punch
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::SlapDamage15The damage done on each slap
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeForce1The push force multiplier
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeCharges3The amount of charges you hold, setting to -1 disables charges
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeCooldownRate    1000The time in milliseconds for another punch to charge

The top three prefs will be added to RTB Prefs if RTB is enabled

Server_Melee
Swololol.com
60 kb

Standalone Melee Keybind
(Unnecessary if you already have the server mod)

Client_MeleeBind
Swololol.com
0.4 kb
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:42:22 AM by Swollow »

Damn, I love me some seconday melee attacks, right?

Anyways, it's good. 10/10

should really consider making the melee a short-ranged area of effect attack; something that hits enemies pretty much as long as they're on-screen, maybe dealing bonus damage/knockback if you actually hit them dead-on

should really consider making the melee a short-ranged area of effect attack; something that hits enemies pretty much as long as they're on-screen, maybe dealing bonus damage/knockback if you actually hit them dead-on
It is now area of effect

v2 Changelog:
Melee is now a reverse conic area of effect
Added two different explosion effects
Added swinging sounds
Added a punch and slap sound
Added slapping mechanic, on a 2 hit combo on one player the third hit will slap them which knocks them 30% further
Punching a single target repeatedly makes you able to punch ever so slightly faster
Swinging at the air lengthens the time it takes to recharge punches

v2.1 Changelog:
Fixed a glitch with damage
Added slap damage amount

You can now set up cool combos by manipulating the damage

setting Punch damage to 30 and the Slap damage to 60 will allow you to execute 3 hit kill combos or 4 hits not combo'd (at close range)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:32:16 PM by Swollow »

Awesome! perfect for Timishphee's halo server (My friend's server), is this modable?

Awesome! perfect for Timishphee's halo server (My friend's server), is this modable?
elaborate, what do you mean by moddable?

Is it possible to edit this and have it triggered by another button?

Is it possible to edit this and have it triggered by another button?
like left click?

could make it so that the melee attack can be triggered by a slash command, and people with a client mod can bind that slash command to a key

Or something on the keyboard?
you can only use keys that are already assigned to server functions like the light key, left and right click etc, or make the users download a client mod
could make it so that the melee attack can be triggered by a slash command, and people with a client mod can bind that slash command to a key
I can do this but I'd hate to give certain users a better advantage because they downloaded a client mod

you can only use keys that are already assigned to server functions like the light key, left and right click etc, or make the users download a client modI can do this but I'd hate to give certain users a better advantage because they downloaded a client mod
Do the numpad keys count since they move ghost bricks?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 02:31:01 AM by Legoboss »

it's not an advantage it's just preference

if anything right click is the way faster option, but some people prefer to press F or something