Author Topic: [Server] Secondary Melee v4.0.3  (Read 8472 times)

Added keybind for clients who have the mod
Added secondary melee in item form so you can use it like an item instead

Changed $Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeCharges so you can set it to -1 and disable it entirely (useful only for boxing servers should not be set to -1 on any other type of server since it breaks the flow of the mod)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:23:21 PM by Swollow »

Isn't the idea of this to be able to save an item slot? Why did you make it an item? Still cool, but wat.

Do the numpad keys count since they move ghost bricks?
they do; its how the instrument mod works.

Isn't the idea of this to be able to save an item slot? Why did you make it an item? Still cool, but wat.
yes, however it's always a great idea to make add-ons as multi purpose as possible
this addon can pass as a simple last resort bashing mechanic or it could be it's own stand-alone boxing minigame thing

Im glad you made the item, personally. I could use this for some Space RPs in item form.

Pressing the drop button stops the Secondary Melee item from working correctly. Other than that, can you make the item able to be dropped?

EDIT: Is there a good chance to also make the mod compatible with some T+T weapons and tools? For example, the Sniper Carbine, and the healing syringe, which they use the right click to perform an action.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:07:47 AM by Spartan224 »

elaborate, what do you mean by moddable?

Moddable as in change the damage and speed you can punch or slap.

yes, however it's always a great idea to make add-ons as multi purpose as possible
this addon can pass as a simple last resort bashing mechanic or it could be it's own stand-alone boxing minigame thing
You have a really good point, keep on keeping on.

Moddable as in change the damage and speed you can punch or slap.
Reading usually helps.

PreferenceDefault     Description
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeMode1Whether it is enabled/disabled in minigames (set it to 2 to make it enabled out of minigames)
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeDamage5The damage done on each punch
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::SlapDamage15The damage done on each slap
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeForce1The push force multiplier
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeCharges3The amount of charges you hold, setting to -1 disables charges
$Pref::SecondaryMelee::MeleeCooldownRate    1000The time in milliseconds for another punch to charge

Pressing the drop button stops the Secondary Melee item from working correctly.
I can not replicate this issue, it must be some addon conflicting
can you make the item able to be dropped?
no its supposed to be stuck in the player's inventory, you can't drop your hands
Is there a good chance to also make the mod compatible with some T+T weapons and tools? For example, the Sniper Carbine, and the healing syringe, which they use the right click to perform an action.
I will add some checks for popular weapons

I will add some checks for popular weapons

And how about vehicles? Each time some one else to exit, they melee someone if they all get out at once.

Version 4
+Fixed meleeing people through walls
+Prevented melee while in vehicles/exiting vehicles
+Added weapon whitelist and allowed for support for making weapons non meleeable
Syringe
Sniper Carbine
C4
Boxing Gloves
Flak Cannon
TF2 Flamethrower

Version 4.0.2
+Added weapons to the whitelist
Old School Rifle
Chainsaw

Version 4.0.3
+Added 'Weapon_DefaultExtendedPreRele ase.zip' to the whitelist
AK47
MP7
PKM
Mossberg 500
RPG 7
Z008

+Added 'Vulcan' to the whitelist
Vulcan

if someone could come up with some other weapons that have iron sights/have a secondary fire/just shouldn't be meleeable post them here
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:19:11 PM by Swollow »

if someone could come up with some other weapons that have iron sights/have a secondary fire/just shouldn't be meleeable post them here

There's a vulcan, and the T+T chainsaw. If you use the chainsaw while trying to melee, it just has a weird effect of have 1 frame doing the melee animation, then reverting back to the brick plant animation.

There's a vulcan, and the T+T chainsaw. If you use the chainsaw while trying to melee, it just has a weird effect of have 1 frame doing the melee animation, then reverting back to the brick plant animation.
get me the datablock name of the vulcan I don't know what its from

How would I find it?

VulcanItem

Chainsaw is called bowItem for some reason???
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:18:42 PM by Spartan224 »