Poll

What do you think of Noob/Newbs?

Yes, they are totaly taking over BL with their failure >:O
Eh, some blockheads are nice :D but i do see too many handicaps
No, i don't think there are too many and they do not ruin blockland a bit at all
I am getting people like that, and they are new o_O
No clue, never noticed

Author Topic: Newbs/Noobs  (Read 3566 times)

Dose it seem to you that blockland is being overpowered by new people that:

A: Know nothing about the game and are askign really dumb questions

B:Think they are hot stuff and own blockland (morons that come into your server and say GIVE ME ADMIN NOW OR I WILL BAN YOU FROM THIS SERVER!!) and their ID is one of the highest you have seen.

C:Just plane idiots.

They are all everywhere, go join a server and tell me the average of IDs that you saw.  Mainly that average is going to be 3000 and up.

I am truly sick of them.  I can not go into a server without getting noob/newb crap!

It is ruining blockland, do you think so?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:50:51 PM by jirue »

Problem with the topic. Newbs and Noobs are two different types of people.

Read this comic for details on the differences.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060823

Problem with the topic. Newbs and Noobs are two different types of people.

Read this comic for details on the differences.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060823
I know they are different

Newbs are new, Noobs are just general morons :P

i am talking about both so i had that

lol, "Fly the heli into a tree, i ahve played this for six years i know what to do!"  "this game has only been out for a month man >.>"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:09:50 PM by jirue »

Yes I do believe they are taking over for just the other day when I was playing on the Pie clan server this player came on with the highest BL_ID I have ever seen and his name was "spicy" and he kept asking if he could have Super Admin and Lord Pie and I were like "HELL NO!" So he kept saying that he has millios of friends and that they all give him Super Admin so I just had to ban him for one day saying "STMFU!!!!." He was just so pandaing annoying
plus he said that he was friends with Rkynick I think....
If he is I think he the one who banned that guy who said he was banned from his server....
I forgot his name......
Okay I remeber his name was Dr.Bling I think.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:49:37 PM by Doorman »

I remember that guy...  He was a dumbforget.  Come on to a server.  Don't know the admins,  ask for admin = ban.  We banned him right?

Yes we banned him.
I just had to ban him for one day saying "STMFU!!!!."

A solution in progress
De-Noobing Facility
Need help with it.  I don't know how to prevent noobishness/de-noob people.

I vote no clue, never noticed.

well its a lie anyway, i actually enjoy new players. fresh fun as they are more genuine building to have fun.

C:Just plane idiots.
Can I be a plane idiot?

But seriously, these new people arn't bothering me a bit at all. Although, just in case people don't know why these new people are 'different', I think I'll go into a rant/speech/drama.

Remember, most of the 100s/1000s were old players from RTB who had been around awhile, and the 2000s were people who were able to take advantage of the one day $10 deal (so, mostly in the same group). The 3000s, though, are mostly brand spanking new people who have probably just heard of Blockland, and had their parents buy it (or the parents were the ones who found it).

I honestly have not been able to get any of my more-intelligent friends to purchase the game. They don't see the value in it. v0002 would appeal to a majority of their interests, so they don't seem to value the Retail version at $20. Blockland is about Multiplayer. Playing the demo would not be enough to persuade my internet friends of its value. For example, two people from my school have now purchased keys of their own from merely the passing interest after playing LAN games the past two days. They arn't too familiar with Blockland's (or for that matter, the Internet's) culture, and would probably do noobish things. But the point is, the game isn't attractive enough to the smarter people.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:34:23 PM by Dilt »

The 3000s, though, are brand spanking new people who have probably just heard of Blockland, and had their parents buy it (or the parents were the ones who found it).
Excuse me? I bought this game myself. Everyone in my family hates this game. I just handed the cold, hard cash to my mom and she used the credit card. I used to play on a friends key but now I have my own as of Jan. 1st, and I'm in the 3600s.

I've played a while, just bought it recently.

Yes my family hates this game, too. Why they do they won't tell me. :panda:

Yes my family hates this game, too. Why they do they won't tell me. :panda:
Indeed. It's always "Don't you have enough games" this, and "don't you have enough of..." that. Why won't parents learn the theory of video gaming. You never stop. You keep getting new ones and selling your old ones.

You keep getting new ones and selling your old ones.
I don't sell mine right now for I am saving my oldest ones till they get very valuable lol.
Ant loan the ones I have beaten to my friends who want to try it out.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:06:56 PM by Doorman »

I have 2 personalities.

The first is Jervan, the second is halolink.

I use the second to play with noobs and the first is for respected servers.

Noobs are fun to play with at times. And I have a theory that when all IDs below 3000 arent present they all start reading, sipping tea and coding a weapon that will bring the end of life itself!

Im still quite new to the goings on of todays blockland.

I played the bahjesus out of the version back in 05. SO ive known about it forever but have been out of the loop due to broken computer/other addictions/work
But eh does anyone know? No. Does it mean every 3000er is a newb? No.  You must prove yourself worthy of being cool to be cool.

do not judge on numbers, but by actions.