3 (6.3%)
Puddings
2 (4.2%)
Other (List below)
6 (12.5%)
EXTRA: Nachos?
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Blockland Forums's favorite dessert? [Dessert Type]  (Read 1802 times)

I love munchies, right after doritos nacho cheese flavour

Lava cakes yo
this. holy stuff this. i've only had like 10 in my life and i can't find them anywhere but. holy forget. vanilla icecream with it seals the deal.

also, i haven't had pudding ever and the thought of it disgusts me

loving CAKE IS THE BEST, WHOEVER THINKS OTHERWISE IS A loving DIPWAD
this anger is not meant to be taken literally c:

Okay, so custard is great, but it really makes other desserts.
Crumbles become magnificent with custard, as do sponges, like treacle pudding.

Cake is generally a lame dessert, as it is typically better as company to a tea, or a lunch, or even just a snack.
To choose cake for dessert is usually wasteful as many typical desserts work only as an after-dinner dessert, whereas cake can be eaten whenever.
However, sponges tend to get a pass when they are accompanied by a sauce, like custard or treacle, or are in the form of sticky toffee pudding. Ice-cream can also accompany a sponge/sauce combo.

Ice-cream can come in many qualities. On its own it can be good, but when it has wafers, sauces, possibly chocolates or even fruit with it, it can be on a whole other tier.
Sorbets are harder to dress up, and don't usually need sauces on account of their sharper flavours. They can be boring in style but their flavour is worthwhile.

Meringues are another great instrument, not too appealing on their own, but are a god-send for fruit based dessert.
Pavlovas, a fancy heap of selected fruits (typically berries and grapes) on a whipped cream mattress on a bedframe of meringue are a sophisticated yet delicious dessert.
In a messier and more fun style, Eton Mess makes use of broken meringue, whipped cream, and strawberries, only improving on that summer delight of strawberries and cream, a lovely dessert that during Wimbledon somehow transcends to lunchtime snack.
Meringues also make it into cakes, ice-cream and pies, as the sweet counterbalance in lemon meringue. Besides cake format there is surprisingly little opportunity for lemon, so its presence in a dessert menu is not to be sniffed at.

I think it's impossible to choose a best dessert as any dessert can be fantastic, depending on your mood, your company, the atmosphere and of course what you have already eaten.
For me personally, however, while I may choose others over it, I always have room for custard.

Fish sticks n custard

Hell yea

Fish sticks n custard
Sorry, if you make this reference you're obliged by international law to call them Fish Fingers.

Nachos. Yes those are dessert.

Sorry, if you make this reference you're obliged by international law to call them Fish Fingers.
Well I actually legitimately like them, and I live in America. I'm not saying it just for the reference.

If anyone says something that has chocolate in it then they are probably wrong

My mom makes the best Lemon Meringue Pie in the world. Its my favorite dessert.

Vigilante.

[img ]http://s1.trrsf.com/blogs/344/files/image/vigilante2.jpg[/img]

What.. What is this?