Author Topic: U.I.C. - Universal Items Counter  (Read 1397 times)

Hi guys, i know some of my projects ignored by the community for some reason, but today i want to show off that new, fresh and genuinely my idea. Of course i been inspired by Advanced Bot's Datablock Checker, so those features in it, of course, could be added too. Sometimes i find myself needing to know how many stuff i have right now on my server. But the only thing i can look at - it's brickcount and players. It's been nearly 2 hours when i done my concept of this new add-on that i hope will be created by the community.

Potential users for this add-on:

- Server administartors.
- Expierenced players who want to build optimized maps without overloading them with lots of stuff.
- Not stupid players and those, who just want to know about items they have on the server.

Here are a concept for making and add-ons (if you guys will).

P.S. of course this add-on shouldn't look like WinXP's GUI, it's just i used this template to show what i wanted.

There's no real way to get those numbers for active things. Especially the schedules.

For the others, you'd have to look through all objects in mission cleanup to get the counts. Doing that will cause lag with the ammount of bricks you have.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:13:10 AM by Zeblote »

There's no real way to get those numbers for active things. Especially the schedules.

For the others, you'd have to look through all objects in mission cleanup to get the counts. Doing that will cause lag with the ammount of bricks you have.
couldn't you scan through the objects in bursts to reduce lag, like the new dup?

couldn't you scan through the objects in bursts to reduce lag, like the new dup?
Then you won't get accurate counts, objects might be removed/added while scanning. That's also a problem for the dup, you'll have holes in the selection if you keep building.

Although, for things like items, lights, vehicles, bots, and emitters, you could keep track of them as they're placed/removed. There's almost no point to tracking projectiles. And yeah, tracking schedules seems like a very difficult and taxing task, assuming it's even possible to get accurate results.

Although, for things like items, lights, vehicles, bots, and emitters, you could keep track of them as they're placed/removed. There's almost no point to tracking projectiles. And yeah, tracking schedules seems like a very difficult and taxing task, assuming it's even possible to get accurate results.

Actually schedules is very easy, the quota objects have a function to return how many schedules are remaining.

Packaging onAdd/onRemove is probably not very efficient..

What do schedules even do?

What do schedules even do?
Every line of events has at least one schedule. If the target is a named brick and there's multiple bricks of that name, the number of schedules is the number of bricks targeted.
So if you had 5 bricks named a and did this:
3000 onActivate Self setColor [red]
3000 onActivate Self setItem [Gun]
3000 onActivate Player AddHealth [10]
3000 onActivate [Brick: a] disappear 3

That would be 8 schedules used for 3 seconds each time this brick is clicked.