Author Topic: do you hate any people on youtube?  (Read 6793 times)

actually hold on let's talk about collegehumor

i really forgetin hate their video game parody stuff because it's always bbrown town 'what if sonic was on drugs!' or 'what if smash bros (and thus fighting games) had real consequences!' or 'what if smash bros was on drugs!' but apparently (according to both egoraptor and rubberross) a good parody is defined as a joke that would be funny even if it weren't attached to an existing franchise or idea

but at that point what the forget? why even make it a parody? you're not making a joke out of the franchise you're just using the franchise as a framing device for a joke. it sounds like you want to be deliberately shallow

also pewds doesnt bug me as much as he should because hes made it pretty clear that he's obnoxious on camera because it makes money, not that he thinks he's necessarily funny or anything. like knowing that it's all part of the show actually makes him more likable because at that point he's just some goober who's found something he's good at and is exploiting it instead of just some lucky jackass
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:10:04 AM by Bushido »

basically everyone on youtube who gets big gets disingenuous pretty quickly for me. I used to really like NerdCubed but once he hit a million subscribers (I assume) he felt pressured to generalize but still keep acting all personal. It really rubs me the wrong way when a guy with 800,000 views on every video to tell me that I'm a part of his special club.

actually i started to hate nerdcubed when he really started to go to town with the quasipolitical humor

like it's one thing to see some guy roll in with a big chair covered in guns and be like 'there should be laws against this!' as a joke but its another to just take any situation where someone shoots someone with a gun and go 'gun rights am i right'

i'm not certain if that is the exact scenario (i stopped watching him some time ago) but like that's just forgetin invasive

actually hold on let's talk about collegehumor

i really forgetin hate their video game parody stuff because it's always bbrown town 'what if sonic was on drugs!' or 'what if smash bros (and thus fighting games) had real consequences!' or 'what if smash bros was on drugs!' but apparently (according to both egoraptor and rubberross) a good parody is defined as a joke that would be funny even if it weren't attached to an existing franchise or idea

but at that point what the forget? why even make it a parody? you're not making a joke out of the franchise you're just using the franchise as a framing device for a joke. it sounds like you want to be deliberately shallow

also pewds doesnt bug me as much as he should because hes made it pretty clear that he's obnoxious on camera because it makes money, not that he thinks he's necessarily funny or anything. like knowing that it's all part of the show actually makes him more likable because at that point he's just some goober who's found something he's good at and is exploiting it instead of just some lucky jackass
i used to watch dorkly and now its a bunch of buzzfeed-like stuff videos its ridiculous

i used to watch dorkly and now its a bunch of buzzfeed-like stuff videos its ridiculous

wtf man videogamedorkly is the best

Anyone else feel like AVGN sort of got disingenuous recently?

Like, even before the movie it started feeling like he was phoning in his reviews?

i never really liked avgn in the first place

like the jokes are usually sorta bbrown town and hes not really that surprised sounding or anything it's clear that he's reading from a script and playing himself up or down as appropriate

it doesnt sound like, say, jon, where he's responding appropriately to stuff that looks surprising

avgn's older reviews were great, but the newer ones feel sort of like he is forced to push them out.

Jon is usually on par, but (and I hate sounding like I'm jumping on a bandwagon) Starcade and Titanic and Food Games have felt... off recently.

Like Jon isn't having any fun doing the videos any more.

There are still glimpses of that in those performances, but a lot of his new stuff also feels forced.

for those of you who don't know to much about this lovely ladies, here is a video

it gets interesting around 20 seconds in
ok guys since damp is a gay idiot loser handicap ass man heres a loving video
https://youtu.be/eG11uzmiNQU

actually i started to hate nerdcubed when he really started to go to town with the quasipolitical humor

like it's one thing to see some guy roll in with a big chair covered in guns and be like 'there should be laws against this!' as a joke but its another to just take any situation where someone shoots someone with a gun and go 'gun rights am i right'

i'm not certain if that is the exact scenario (i stopped watching him some time ago) but like that's just forgetin invasive
true, he was waaay too political for the type on content he produced. hell, I even agree with him on a number of points but if that's the content I was looking for then I'd just go and look for it. I also wasn't a fan of any of his edited videos. Too many weird 1-line political jokes, lame puns, and that weird screech laugh he does every loving time. The N3 Completes were always my favorite because you at least knew that the stuff happening wasn't blatantly scripted and a least a little bit genuine.

Anyone else feel like AVGN sort of got disingenuous recently?

Like, even before the movie it started feeling like he was phoning in his reviews?
The whole concept of his videos annoyed me. You can't base a channel off of being explicitly angry all the time because you can't keep it up all the time. He basically has to act (or lie rather, as he's making reviews of things) mad or else he's not making the content he set out to make.

Jon is usually on par, but (and I hate sounding like I'm jumping on a bandwagon) Starcade and Titanic and Food Games have felt... off recently.

Like Jon isn't having any fun doing the videos any more.

There are still glimpses of that in those performances, but a lot of his new stuff also feels forced.
I thought the last two were top of the line, but the titanic games felt forced imo

starcade in particular felt flaccid

i mean that's the nature of doing anything for A Job as opposed to a passion project but like, i'd like him to do something fun every once in a while

i would say that AVGN needs to get better but honestly i can understand that he's at a point where there isn't much he can turn into content. but hey their gameplay videos are great to fall asleep to.