Patch notes for new Blockland Main Adventure Mode update? EDIT: Found major bugs

Author Topic: Patch notes for new Blockland Main Adventure Mode update? EDIT: Found major bugs  (Read 2372 times)

No the problem with the engine that blockland uses is that it as old as forget compared to other games. Using the current engine for something like the would be like using gold source for halflife 2. The current engie is not that flexible. There is a reason why there is maybe a few quest maps out there, while something like mine craft has a stuffton. The engine is just to limited for something like that.

Minecraft is leagues more restrictive than Blockland in terms of being able to just join a server and play.
And if you think java is an 'up to date engine'. lol.
The engine isn't limited at all. An adventure mode could be made. The issue is that our community is so much smaller. We have smaller groups of people trying to do larger projects. We have less people working on things in general. We have less people to deliver these cool things to even if we finish something. The community is so small that when someone works on a large project, they think "well, if i give this out to everyone, everyone will want to host it and then we'll have like 10 different servers all with a split population, or none at all. or i can just host it myself, not worry about making it user friendly to set up, and have the population all go to one server." And then never finish or release it.

And even if something was finished and released, who the hell is going to find it? We have all of our add-ons stuffed into five categories. Prints (and i guess faces and decals, which there's no point in even using them), music (horray time to alt tab for half an hour to pass this loading time!), environment files (which is neat), gamemodes (a joke.), and then literally every other released add-on all stuffed into one giant mess. Sorted by newest replies. Without a search function dedicated to finding add-ons. On a forum that half the active in-game population doesn't know about. And a portion of the ones that do know about it, are told to avoid it.

There is so much potential that Blockland has. We've even made so many great tools. But there's no motivation to actually finishing a large project, like many RPGs, adventure modes, and other gamemodes.

Hopefully BLG can help out as much as, or even more than RTB. And hopefully when it's as good as or even better, it can be incorporated into the base game.

bitch i never intended for the boomstick to have two shots you fire both barrels at once or go home

bitch i never intended for the boomstick to have two shots you fire both barrels at once or go home
Then why is it coded like that

I was really talking about brick limits, you can have only so many bricks before the game becomes unplayable.
Just thought of something too, we could use a complex gamemode to load large areas of a map like borderlands

Then why is it coded like that

I was really talking about brick limits, you can have only so many bricks before the game becomes unplayable.
Just thought of something too, we could use a complex gamemode to load large areas of a map like borderlands
it isn't my boomstick is one shot reload

Theres two shots but one click activates both. It confused me too at first. I think the vendor in ACM City sells a mod that adds two triggers so you can fire only one barrel at a time.