Patch notes for new Blockland Main Adventure Mode update? EDIT: Found major bugs

Author Topic: Patch notes for new Blockland Main Adventure Mode update? EDIT: Found major bugs  (Read 2369 times)

lol only level 12
I restarted to prepare for the new expansion pack. I had no fun with the last one because I was using some high ass level shotgun against low level enemies.

What a scrub, you don't even have the 3 barrel shotgun yet?

Umm... This goes in the Main Adventure Mode subforum, not GD. Better delete the OP before more people see this. Badspot's going to be pissed.

That HUD gives me ideas for my world rpg

Dude. Just use the cheat code to get the ion cannon and beat the game
The cheat code is displayed in the hidden cave in Blackwater Plains.

Dude. Just use the cheat code to get the ion cannon and beat the game
The cheat code is displayed in the hidden cave in Blackwater Plains.
Are you trying to start some take us for a ruse cruise? Everyone knows Blackwater Plains is just a giant boss arena.

Are you trying to start some take us for a ruse cruise? Everyone knows Blackwater Plains is just a giant boss arena.
He meant Blackwater Cove

Nobody wants to make main adventure mode because they don't want to make up the story themselves. They want the mystery and the wonder to live on.
Or maybe everyone's just lazy and I'm overthinking this

if you want a manual fix just get the armament perk on the wrench so you can spawn cannons, and then spawn one in, sit in it, and save and reload. seems to work pretty good.

seriously though i still have a 12 page script for a blockland adventure mode on my old comp i should dredge that thing out lol

He meant Blackwater Cove
Yeah but Blackwater Cove is only accessible by defeating the boss in Blackwater Plains. Unless you get the +150% swing speed Push Broom that is basically a pocket helicopter and you fly over the boss.

Yeah but Blackwater Cove is only accessible by defeating the boss in Blackwater Plains. Unless you get the +150% swing speed Push Broom that is basically a pocket helicopter and you fly over the boss.
have you tried the door clipping glitch yet
i've heard it's easy to pull off

Let's be serious.

An adventure mode like this would be really cool but there is one massive problem.
The engine
This has been said time and time again that the engine that blockland uses is extremely outdated and the game would need to be ported to a new engine. And there is problems with that to. The game would most likely have to be rebuilt from the ground up, and that would take a lot of time and money. Then there is compatibility with addons and saves. If the game was ported and the old version is still up that would split the entire playerbase. Then again there is the problem of who is going to port it. Badspot doing it is very unlikely, there would be a chance of badspot hiring someone or a team to port it, which is still unlikely. Lastly there is the community doing it, which is the most likely of happening.

Just some thoughts.

Let's be serious.

An adventure mode like this would be really cool but there is one massive problem.
The engine
stuff
so then just use the blockland engine as normal

so then just use the blockland engine as normal
No the problem with the engine that blockland uses is that it as old as forget compared to other games. Using the current engine for something like the would be like using gold source for halflife 2. The current engie is not that flexible. There is a reason why there is maybe a few quest maps out there, while something like mine craft has a stuffton. The engine is just to limited for something like that.