Author Topic: fxLight - How to I mount a light on a head?  (Read 1434 times)

How can I mount a light onto someone's head?

from my knowledge you aren't able to mount a light to anywhere else except for the left hand, and i believe mountObject() doesn't work on lights

from my knowledge you aren't able to mount a light to anywhere else except for the left hand, and i believe mountObject() doesn't work on lights
Yeah, but I saw an offset variable for the datablock but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go (custom datablocks would make it look funky) unless I should run a loop that changes the light's position

Yeah, but I saw an offset variable for the datablock but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go (custom datablocks would make it look funky) unless I should run a loop that changes the light's position

I think when running with offsets, it will run with the player's hand

Correct. I guess I have to make a stuffty loop

I would give a bot a light, make the bot invisible, and then mount the bot on someone's head.

Bot_Hole would have the code for spawning a bot w/o all of the extra junk.

You could give a shapebaseimagedata a light and mount that to the head.

Wow, I completely forgot about this, thanks
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:04:51 AM by Kyuande »

Image lights only show up for the host

Image lights only show up for the host
Oh, then I guess making the crap loop is the best way

It would probably be better to
give a bot a light, make the bot invisible, and then mount the bot on someone's head.

I would give a bot a light, make the bot invisible, and then mount the bot on someone's head.

Bot_Hole would have the code for spawning a bot w/o all of the extra junk.
any way to make a datablock where the light would naturally be in the player its mounted on's node?