Under_Score (36271) - Salty host with major attitude problem

Author Topic: Under_Score (36271) - Salty host with major attitude problem  (Read 1343 times)

Under_Score (36271) - Salty host with major attitude problems

So I was looking to see if there were some good space/scifi servers up today and I saw Under_Score was hosting a "Space RP", so I joined to see about doing a decent space roleplay with him.

But apparently I was very wrong about his own intentions. I assumed he wanted to do a Space RP, but instead he expects you to build your own ship for him. I tried to talk to him about this, explaining what a Space RP entails and what it generally is not, but he wouldn't have any of it. He got incredibly salty, called me an idiot and threatened to kick me, saying I was "lucky to still be here"; I responded, reminding him that he was lucky I was even there, as he had no other players at all (no surprise why). He wasn't interested in the majority of what I had to say and in response mockingly imitated me and accused me of being a "Professional MERPER" (I don't even have anything to do with MERP servers, wtf?). In general he's just an entitled prick and an awful host, and he's got some real attitude problems as well.

Here's the chatlog.

After this all happened I was forcibly disconnected from the server by him, with that bizarre error message that happens sometimes when you're kicked/banned. Not sure whether he actually banned me or not, I rejoined to check.

After confirming it was just a kick, I left and didn't go back, but I'm sure he's probably banned me by now.

All in all, this guy's a real pissy jerk who thinks he's entitled to others doing all the work for him. I would recommend avoiding his server.

Why the forget did he call you a Pro MERP’er for?
/support

It's like he wants to steal everyone's build because he's lazy to make his own. He's probably a build stealer too.

he's right you build your own ship

if its his server, he can do what he wants.  I've seen numerous space rps where you build your own ship

I mean making players build their own ship is ok and everything
but he didn't need to be such a richard about it

if its his server, he can do what he wants.
Quote from: Badspot
Might does not make right, friends.  You can't host a party and then fling stuff at people because it's "your party".

I've seen numerous space rps where you build your own ship
I was just talking about this with my friend Groot. There's a difference between a server where you're clearly told that everyone builds their own ship for themselves, and a server where the host acts like an entitled prick and expects you to build everything for him because he didn't bother to make any effort of his own.

Exactly
When asked about a ship, Score immediately called Planr indecent, and every following message had some kind of sarcasm or insult accompanied with it
He could have just as easily said "Actually you need to make your own" and it would have been completely fine

lol that quote has nothing to do with what was going on.
The host was being a jerk and Afraidianna was saying that's okay because it's his server and he can do whatever he wants. How is that not relevant?

I've seen numerous space rps where you build your own ship
I'm pretty sure he was saying the host could do this if he wants

I'm pretty sure he was saying the host could do this if he wants
Exactly. That's the entire argument that Badspot was addressing in his post I quoted.

he was referencing that the host should be free to make a space ship rp where you build your own. he wasnt saying the host should freely be an starfish

/support

This guy sounds like your typical power abusing host, thankfully only a mind
case though.  Either way he better learn not to be so harsh towards players if
he ever wants to have a well populated server. If you had build a ship, he probably
would've stolen it too for his own use.

Salty?
Its internet lingo that means irritated or mad. If you say someone is "Salty" it means they are angry or
irritated.