Author Topic: Blender Brick Render  (Read 740 times)

Does anybody have a render scene for bricks in Blockland? So I can make brick icons easier then having to do it ingame?

It's much easier to put Blockland on the highest stats possible then screenshot, open mspaint, paste it, select the brick, and save it. Blender may make things shinier but it would be weird with a brick with reflection.

Are you using the /iconinit + /doicon method? It's a pretty easy method, especially since Badspot fixed icon shots not being written

It's much easier to put Blockland on the highest stats possible then screenshot
Actually, you should use minimum shaders, or just disable them, so that way your icons can resemble the default ones

Actually, you should use minimum shaders, or just disable them, so that way your icons can resemble the default ones
*And do not use MSPaint.

*And do not use MSPaint.
Oh yeah, don't do that

Use Gimp or Paint.net instead

Oh yeah, don't do that

Use Gimp or Paint.net instead
MSPaint works fine when you save it in the .png format!

Oh, and also, I realised you were 100% right about the 'minimum shaders' suggestion.
Just amazing how I came to forget that Blockland icons didn't appear to have shaders.
Also, I can't have shaders, I have OpenGL 1.0 with a 8 year old computer waiting to finally get an upgrade. I feel bad for my comput-- Where is this going...?  :-(

MSPaint works fine when you save it in the .png format!
MS Paint, even on it's most recent version, is not capable of transparency though

Are you using the /iconinit + /doicon method? It's a pretty easy method, especially since Badspot fixed icon shots not being written

I use this method, but I just think it's a bit tedious

I use this method, but I just think it's a bit tedious
its the only good way to get default-esque images though

maybe someone could write a client sided script to automate parts of the process, or even a program in java or something

You could technically just move really far away and then take pictures of multiple bricks in a single screenshot, followed by editing. This saves issues with typing all the stuff for the datablocks and having a ton of separate images.
Paint.NET also has a green screen plug-in so that solves the transparency issue immediately, even for windows (if you fiddle with settings). The Plug-in is called "Chroma Key".
Just make sure there's not much overlapping going on, as in, you could easily select the shapes through a rectangle.
Also remove vignette.

*Note that if you are not far enough and there are bricks on each side of the viewport rather than centered, they will be affected by fish-eye.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:33:12 AM by LeetZero »

I haven't thought about doing several bricks in one shot, that's a good idea!

Should save me some time, thanks!