Author Topic: how do i install smod redux  (Read 2959 times)

i've been trying to install this version of smod, I tried installing it by
1. making a folder named smodredux, puttting files in the smod redux into THAT folder, got this error
2. moving smod stuff into hl2 folder
3. moving it into my sourcemods folder in steamapps
4. moving it into a folder named custom
but those didn't work
help me

Valve has broken SMOD in probably 5000 different ways over their last few steampipe updates. It was almost completely broken and dead until like half a year ago

You can find a stand-alone modular version made by some of the geniuses over at BSNOOCH in this link here. Instructions should be relatively straight forward. After you've done that you can use OneManShow's redux version found here with the standalone launcher.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:33:46 AM by Rally »

You can find a stand-alone modular version made by some of the geniuses over at BSNOOCH in this link here. Instructions should be relatively straight forward. After you've done that you can use OneManShow's redux version found here with the standalone launcher.

the one bad thing about this is that it does get very bloated as it has to like copy over allllllll the hl2 files into itself
but hey, it works

the one bad thing about this is that it does get very bloated as it has to like copy over allllllll the hl2 files into itself
but hey, it works

SMOD: Redux basically requires most if not all of the files it copies. Since Valve broke the way mods mount files for no discernible reason, this is pretty much the only way it could be done. After all, it is a 'stand-alone' modded version of Half-Life 2.

SMOD: Redux basically requires most if not all of the files it copies. Since Valve broke the way mods mount files for no discernible reason, this is pretty much the only way it could be done. After all, it is a 'stand-alone' modded version of Half-Life 2.

yea i'm aware it's quite unfortunate
most old hl2 mods that aren't total conversions have to do this which makes it really painful to have more than one installed at once

edit: ate a negative
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:07:45 AM by Maui69 »