OpenTTD [ONLINE] - Real-time parcel company inefficiency simulator

Author Topic: OpenTTD [ONLINE] - Real-time parcel company inefficiency simulator  (Read 11514 times)

clicking leads to OpenTTD website

What is OpenTTD?

Long explanation (from Wikipedia):
OpenTTD is a business simulation game in which players try to earn money via transporting passengers and freight by road, rail, water and air. It is an open source remake and expansion of the 1995 Chris Sawyer video game Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

OpenTTD duplicates most features of Transport Tycoon Deluxe and has many additions, including a range of map sizes, support for many languages, custom (user-made) artificial intelligence (AI), downloadable customisations, ports for several widely used operating systems, and a more user-friendly interface. OpenTTD also supports local area network (LAN) and Internet multiplayer, co-operative and competitive, for up to 255 players.

Short explanation:
OpenTTD is a tycoon game where you run your own logistics/parcel company and try to adapt to the changing market through the use of different means of transport. It tends to be hard.

Server Rules and Details

Map size is 1024x1024.
Company auto-cleanup is on.
Start year is 1950, game ends and auto-restarts in 2075. A two-thirds majority vote of all active players can warrant an early restart.

Rules:
1. Don't excessively terraform unless the game is about to end (like within 5 years). Clearing small foothills is okay, but don't make a massive river spanning the entire map. Transcontinental railways are fine if you're responsible about it.
2. Delete signs if someone asks.
3. Acts of corporate espionage and competition are encouraged. Just don't go overboard.

IP: s18852027.onlinehome-server.com
Password: grunkypeep
Owner is your good ol' buddy TomTheGeek.

oh man i've been waiting for another blf openttd match
edit: cant seem to connect for some reason :(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:03:24 PM by Zoltan »

oh man i've been waiting for another blf openttd match

So have I, dude. You have no idea.

Also, to the person who is currently trying to connect, you're either timing out or getting the password wrong.

I've read previous OpenTTD server posts and I am excited to say this is my first time playing, with almost no knowledge, and I am super ready to lose. If that's even possible, hopefully not. Either way this will probably be fun.

Also, to the person who is currently trying to connect, you're either timing out or getting the password wrong.
how do I get it to stop timing out
i'm not getting the password wrong and it just keeps disconnecting me when it's nearly finished downloading the map

how do I get it to stop timing out
i'm not getting the password wrong and it just keeps disconnecting me when it's nearly finished downloading the map

Getting the same problem

i cant wait to train

nevermind i cant train both me and my buddy cant connect
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:14:52 PM by kanew2000 »

i think the problem is it's disconnecting us because the map is taking too long to load which is possibly the most handicapped thing I have ever heard of
is that a setting for servers or is it just a default openTTD thing
if its a setting, may want to turn that off

for those who were getting the "processing map took too long", try now.

for those who were getting the "processing map took too long", try now.
im in

damn is there a new versio

edit: yes there is
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:25:54 PM by bigcapitalbaka »

Getting too many disconnects with my stuffe internet, feel free to disassemble my company and I'll richard around in single player and come back the next time one of these happens prepared.

Sorry I can't join in, not really much I can do about it because my internet drops every 10 minutes or so and it makes multiplayer anything unplayable.

gonna try this, looks fun

EDIT: [imghttp://i.imgur.com/mg2BAeR.png[/img]
happens when downloading map
how fix :(

nvm works great :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:04:45 AM by The GI of MA »

accurate server representation

so fixed a few more problems, we'll most likely make the map smaller to accommodate for the download size.